Chapter 3

♡

It was ten to ten and the Van Der Linde gang were waiting on the top of the hill, hidden between the trees on the back of their horses, overlooking Cadli crossing. Their scarfs were placed over their mouth and nose to make themselves harder to identify.
"I still don't have a good feeling about this, Dutch." John, a rough faced man with a scar running along his race, grumbled from the back of the group, his hand a little shaky over his gun.

"Just quit talking, scarface." A blonde, shaggy haired man spoke in front of him.

"John, have some faith. This is a really good opportunity. You'll get a fair large amount of money, even the camp will receive a bit." A few of the members rolled their eyes behind Dutch as he said his famous, repetitive faith speech. He would repeat it every time one of the camp members went against his wishes or plans.

It was soon coming ten o'clock and light from the lanterns of a passing stagecoach we're getting closer. "Alright, boys. Guns ready." They waited a few seconds for the stagecoach to pass by them and soon with a large gunshot signal they made their way down. Harsh gallops pushed their way on the grassy plains of Valentine, loud enough to believe there was a storm coming.

The closer the gang got to the stagecoach, the more they grew suspicious of the job. The driver had an odd attire to be a noble and the windows of the stagecoach were blacked out by paint. The stagecoach soon came to a halt and the men pulled back their horses. Dutch had grown impatient and confused and grabbed the driver, pulling him off. "Gentlemen help. Bill, watch him." He asked the group in an attempt to smash the blacked out windows. Bill pointed his gun in the direction of the driver, who looked up in a panic. His hands went to his pocket where he tried to pull out his gun.

"NOW." The driver shouted, trying to run in the direction of the hill. The gang looked up to the cliff that overlooked the road, noticing a group of seven on horses make their way down, aiming their guns. They soon noticed the men getting closer being the law.

"Ah shit." Bill shouted, placing a bullet in the drivers head and getting back on his horse. "Dutch, the other side." The gang looked up to the hill where they came from and noticed another group of men making their way down to the stagecoach. The group began to shoot where they can but soon become surrounded. The group just ended up splitting, trying to head in different directions, not paying attention what was happening behind them.

Dutch fled in the same direction as Arthur. The law tracing close behind them. " I warned you, didn't I, Dutch?" Arthur yelled as they galloped away, trying to get the law to lose them and them further away from where camp was set up.

"Dutch Van Der Linde and Arthur Morgan. Turn yourself in, it will be easier this way." Dutch and Arthur began to shoot behind them, killing the two of the four that were following. After riding for another fifteen minutes they were soon lost into another town. Collecting his breath, Arthur slouched on his horse and let out an annoyed groan.

"Trust me, my boy. I didn't know Mr Jackleson would of done this." Arthur was starting to get annoyed at Dutch's irrational decisions and was confused on why Dutch would no longer listen or take advice from his gang often.

"You don't know much Dutch, do ya?" Arthur tested as he began to make his way back to the camp, tired and frustrated from tonight. Dutch followed close behind, not keeping in conversation however.

When they arrived back to camp, the group had all arrived safe. Lenny made his way over to Dutch in a hurry. "Dutch! Arthur! Did they follow?"

"No, we lost them. Everyone okay?" Dutch's tone of voice deepened, dismounting his horse, striding his way to his tent with the group following.