Chapter 28

*Mihira Pov*

"How are you feeling now?" Mom asked caressing my hair when I woke up to find her sitting beside me.

"Fine!" I replied shifting a bit and found Dad standing near the door with a worried look.

"Mom! Dad! I am sorry for pretending before both of you." I mumbled sitting up with her support.

"It is our fault for hiding it." She said before passing the bowl of oat porridge and I took a bite from it not knowing what to say hearing that from her.

"Abhi is here!" Dad commented clearing his throat and I turned to see him standing beside my Dad.

"He has been checking up on you from the morning and it's already the fifth time." Mom said standing up before stepping out of the room and my Dad followed her.

Abhi stepped into my room hesitantly before occupying the place my Mom just left. He stared at the bowl and took it from my hands without saying a word and placed the spoon near my mouth.

I accepted his gesture and none of us said a word but the whole bowl is finished after which he placed it on the side table.

"I didn't sleep properly yesterday night and I was just tired and nothing else." I mumbled breaking the silence and he glanced at me with a surprised look.

"Swapnil Sir and Haritha Maam brought you here." He said and I nodded at him because I was not completely out of it.

I was conscious even though I was tired to open my eyes and couldn't say anything. These two acted like they are too indifferent to each other but their conversation was not at all like that and I have never heard so much calmness in Sir's tone.

"Tomorrow can you help me with one subject. I am revising third-year subjects for the weekends." He asked bringing me out of my thoughts and I stared at my hands before nodding.

It feels like we both are pretending that nothing happened today morning and I am glad he is doing that as I don't want another set of questions or apologies.

"I will be here in the morning." He said smiling and I just nodded again but I got stunned when he suddenly pulled me into his arms for a tight hug before leaving my room.

I stared at the door even after he left while hugging myself feeling his hug even now. I smiled before shaking my head while scolding my head.

"I will be sitting here?" he asked looking at the table I laid out and the pillow on the floor and I gave him a nod while sitting on the bed.

"I am feeling lazy to sit on a chair. This is better and just ask me if you have any doubts." Saying that I laid down on the bed on my front before opening the book I stopped reading yesterday.

"Fine!" he mumbled and I turned to see him shifting the pillow towards the bedside and sat down with his back pressed to the bed also with his back facing me unlike before where I placed it to make sure he is sitting facing me.

I ignored the change and continued to read but he called me after a few minutes while showing a topic.

"Show me your notes so that I can compare or your reference textbook." He asked picking up my bag from the floor and I immediately took it away from his hands.

"No need to compare anything. I will explain it properly." I assured him in a hurry before leaning forward a bit to place my head beside his and calmly explained each point from the familiar notes before my eyes.

"Thank you! Your explanation completely matches these notes." He commented smiling at me when I shifted back and I gave him a nod clearing my throat.

After some time, Mom entered the room with snacks for us before leaving the room but I saw her smile directed at us for sure.