Chapter 25

*Abhilash Pov*

"You don't want me to give a lift anymore? Why? Are you again going to pester us to let you use your bike?" Dad asked frowning at me.

"That is not going to happen." Mom joined the conversation after hearing the conversation while I smiled at them.

"It is better to sell my bike, Dad." I mumbled leaning back which surprised them but they didn't believe me at the same time.

"I am going to ask Mihi to drop me and pick me up." I added and they finally relaxed their expression.

"Okay! By the way, I want to ask your Swapnil Sir to visit our home for dinner today for the help he provided for you. It was not a small task at all. As it is weened, he will be comfortable to visit today with the next two days being holidays." Dad said and I gave him a nod because even I have to thank Sir but didn't find the right time or that's what I want to tell myself.

After finishing my breakfast, I walked out of my home and stepped into her house where I found her climbing down the stairs with her bag.

"Did you find your book?" Her Mom asked and she was replying yes but then she paused in her steps when she found me standing near the entrance.

"What is it, Abhi?" Aunty asked looking at me.

"I am here to take a lift from Mihi, Aunty. My Mom doesn't want me to use my bike and I don't want to trouble my Dad. Our times nearly match and I thought of taking her help." I explained while Mihi glared at me.

"Of course! Even if the timings don't match just give her a call. I am sure she is ready to help you. She is being lazy these days and even reduced helping me with house chores." Aunty complained while Mihi gave her a disbelief look.

"What? Didn't you take advantage of him all that time? Just help him and it is better for his condition to not use public transport." Aunty added which made Mihi sigh.

"Let's go!" Mihi mumbled walking out and I followed her after thanking her Mom who winked at me making me chuckle a bit.

When I walked out of the house, I found Mom talking to Mihi while passing a lunch box to her hands.

"I heard you will be driving Abhi to the college and even bring him back if possible. I hope it is not huge trouble and drive safely." Mom said with a smile on her face.

"There is no need for this, Aunty." She mumbled pushing the box back.

"Why? I am already packing it for him and take it as a payment for helping him." Mom pushed it back and didn't even give a chance for her to return it.

"When will you be free to learn cooking, Mihi? I just loved how you cut the vegetables with such proportions which is very difficult these days." She continued and I reached them trying to hide my smile.

"Mom! She is busy with college works." I mumbled waving at her before waiting for Mihi to start the vehicle and sat behind her.

When we passed the street, I shifted my hands to hold her waist, and this time she didn't even get startled and just continued to drive.

"Are you angry?" I asked placing my chin on her shoulder like she used to.

"I don't want to waste any kind of emotion by thinking about past matters." She mumbled in a serious tone and my smile slipped but my hold tightened.

"Are you still feeling tired?" she asked after a few minutes and I remember her saying those words yesterday evening as I was really tired with all the thoughts running and with less sleep.

"I took proper rest yesterday night." I replied feeling the smile reappear on my face after hearing her question which showed she still cares of me.

I shouldn't even doubt that after the basketball incident but it feels kind of harsh whenever she acts like she doesn't care at all. But then I still don't know how did she find out everything as everyone who knew my condition didn't tell her.