Chapter 21

#After a few months#

*Abhilash Pov*

"You will catch a cold, Abhi." I turned to find Mom standing near the door as I just stepped out of the resort to enjoy the fresh air.

"I am fine, Mom! Did you rest properly? We have to travel today and it's a long journey." I mumbled and she smiled hearing those words.

"I should be asking that. Your Dad is still resting inside." She said walking towards me before covering me with a coat she brought with her.

We both stayed silent and stared at the view my Dad decided before booking this resort for a month and it's already over.

"Do you really want to start going to college? You can take more rest." She mumbled and I sighed glancing at her.

I can understand her thoughts as these past few months were hard for all of us but I had enough rest and as of now there is no more danger for me but of course it is not impossible.

"I should continue to live my life, right. I will take care of myself every day properly and you can check on me too. I will listen to every word of yours." I assured her and she smiled hearing those words but her smile slipped.

"Are you still against of idea of being with Mihi? I really love her to be our family, Abhi. You don't know how much support she was without her knowing all these months. You didn't change your mind?" she asked and I smiled hearing those words even though they pained me a bit.

"Will I be selfish if I want to be with her?" I asked and she shook her head in negative without wasting a second.

"During these months I was just thinking about how I am missing so many things with her. I promised her in my heart that we will have an amazing trip this time but the holidays also passed. I suddenly don't want to miss any day to be with her, Mom. But I am scared to hurt her at a major level." I mumbled and she placed her hand on my back.

"We will be careful as we already went through it. She didn't look happy to me, Abhi. Maybe it was more than just a relationship for her too. We can't think less of anyone's feelings just based on age and time spent, right?" she pointed out and I nodded at her before turning back to stare at the view.

"I want to be with her, Mom. And I will be for sure but I don't know in which form. However, I am fine with anything if I can just be beside her." I know I will stick to this decision no matter what.

"What are you both doing here?" We turned around and found Dad yawning while standing near the door.

"Taking life decisions and supporting my son." Mom said smirking at him and I am glad this incident didn't harm my family but instead made us strong.

"You will go to college tomorrow morning? But we will reach home after college starts." Dad asked walking closer to us while ignoring my Mom.

"It's okay! It's fine as long as I can go to college and I don't think there will be a problem if I attend classes from lunchtime." I mumbled and he nodded before turning to look at the view along with us.

Somehow even though I was thinking about my decision all this time, after telling Mom it felt more real and the anticipation increased as I can finally see her after so long and got a chance to apologize to her.

*Rekha Pov*

"Are you looking for someone?" I turned to see my three best friends looking at me curiously as I am looking at the opposite direction to the one they are glancing at.

"Where is your girlfriend?" I asked staring at Rakesh and he immediately gestured behind me.

"You are here?" I asked finding Kavitha behind me but she is looking disturbed just like me.