Chapter 24

#Three Years Back#

*Haritha Pov*

"Where will you be joining after graduation?" I asked looking at the Senior who is going to attend his graduation ceremony soon and he will not be going to come to college anymore that hurts a bit for sure to not see your crush anymore.

"I got a very good opportunity but that's because of the guidance I got from Swapnil Sir. I am glad he chose to mentor you next. Even though it will be for a year, it is very helpful just like how it was for me." He replied smiling.

"Thanks for recommending me." I mumbled which made him frown.

"I didn't recommend you near him. I heard you were the one who approached him with the doubts you have and he was glad someone else is there to think out of the box regarding the subject they are learning and when he asked me how are you with your studies I just told him that you are good at them." He explained and this time I frowned at him.

"I was asking you about my doubts and not him." I mumbled feeling confused.

"I never got your mails and he said you were mailing him from the past year regarding your doubts and thoughts." He said and I stood there feeling shocked this time.

"Isn't this your mail id?" I asked opening the mail account I have been sending emails all this time.

"It's Swapnil Sir's Id. I wrote this in your class explaining it is Sir's mail Id. You misunderstood?" he asked before waving at his friends who are calling him and excused himself while I just stood there.

I rushed back to my class and found the person I am searching for before asking her, "Why did you tell me that it is the mail ID of our senior when it is the ID of Assistant lecturer?"

"You still think that? Didn't you get it cleared all this time? I thought you were close to him and it was just a small prank." She asked frowning at me.

Prank? Does she know what did she made me do? It was just a point of attraction until last year but after interacting through emails like this, the feelings were completely different. And it was just a prank for them?

"But someone else said the same thing. How can I not believe it?" I asked her feeling lost.

"Because I asked that person just half part of the question wantedly and he replied the same but as you didn't know the whole scene you believed it." She replied shrugging.

I remember she asked him who wrote the ID and whether our doubts will be solved if we mail to that ID. He said it is our Senior and that's why I was sure it is his ID all this time.

Oh god! I even thought he recommended me to the Assistant lecturer to guide me and I accepted it. Now, I can't even back away from it.

****

You have gone mad, Haritha! You have definitely gone mad and need to join a mental hospital. I thought still staring at Swapnil Sir when he is taking the class for us as the main lecturer took a leave today.

I couldn't help but remember the interactions we had through so many emails and they were completely pure but they tugged my heart for sure and I can't believe they are from him as he looks really stiff in general.

After finishing the class, he stared at me before gesturing me to follow him and I immediately stood up before following him out while trying to control my feelings.

"Recently I found you are not asking any doubts either through emails or directly. Is everything fine?" he asked looking at me.

"I am fine, Sir!" I replied and I can't actually say that I may have started liking you unintentionally, right?