Final Chapter

Emma had asked Regina to come with her when she told Henry the news about their mother. Of course, Regina had agreed and now she and Emma were sat in Granny's after Emma had brought the bad news to Henry.

The kid didn't seem to know how to react to this news. After all, he'd never seen his real mother. He considered Ruby his mother and he'd honestly never cared for Mary Margaret.

"I don't need to meet a woman who abandons her children like that," Henry had once said. So, now he was just drinking his hot cocoa with extra whipped cream and cinnamon and stared at his big sister.

Emma briefly glanced at Regina, who reached out for her hand. The brunette intertwined their fingers and the small gesture seemed to mean a lot to Emma.

"I'm sorry for you," Henry said softly, feeling like he had to say something in response.

Emma tilted her head slightly, but sighed. "Thanks."

The bell of Granny's Diner jingled and Henry looked confused at the people entering the diner. He'd never seen the old mayor and his wife inside of Granny's.

Regina and Emma turned their heads to the door as well, after having seen Henry's weird reaction, and Regina stiffened.

"Emma, what are they doing here?"

"I called them. Before you'd back out," Emma casually stated. "Looked up their number in the phone book and Regina, your mom didn't know how quick she could say yes to my suggestion."

"You couldn't have given me more time?" Regina sounded almost desperate as she quickly turned her back to her parents.

"No, because then you'd make up your mind on everything and I want you to have a happy relationship with your parents. Especially after the time you told me you'd seen them in your office."

Regina barely paid attention to what Emma was saying, as she was trying to listen to whatever her parents were discussing. Henry's eyes shifted confused between the two girlfriends, before he started moving out of his seat.

"You know, I should go," Henry said and walked over to Ruby to ask if he could be of any help in the Diner.

Him leaving their booth, drew Cora and Henry's attention to Emma and Regina.

Without asking, Cora and Henry sat down opposite Regina and Emma, who held hands underneath the table, mainly so that Regina could squeeze Emma's hand in frustration and uncomfortableness.

"Good morning," Henry Mills greeted them with a stern voice. He still seemed unable to smile.

"Good morning," Regina curtly replied.

She and Emma actually wanted to tell Henry about Mary Margaret the previous night, but their time in the bathroom had lead to the bedroom and had eventually been much longer than they'd expected, making it too late for them to talk to Henry again.

Sitting opposite her parents after so long creeped Regina out. The pain had faded away from her parents' eyes and frankly, she couldn't tell what they were feeling of thinking at all.

Were they happy to see her again? Were they angry to see her together with Emma?

But then something that she'd never expected to happen, happened. Her father started crying. Regina looked in utter confusion at Emma, but averted her eyes quickly back to her parents.

She now saw that her mother had a hard time keeping everything together as well, and Cora wanted to grab Regina's hand, but right before they were about to touch, she hesitated and pulled back.