Chapter 15

"Oh, my, Regina.. You gotta talk to someone about this," Emma said worried after Regina had told her the entire story.

Regina scoffed and chuckled softly. "You think I can tell people that the mayor and his wife are abusive? My dad will lose his job and everything will get even worse. Emma, I told you this, but I trust you don't do anything."

"How can I not do anything? How can I live a peaceful life, knowing that you're being beaten to death at home?"

Regina sat up straight in bed and grabbed Emma's hands. "Emma, I mean it. Don't tell anyone about this. I haven't told anyone about your situation either."

"That's because you don't know my situation," Emma replied curtly and sat up straight as well.

The brunette rolled her eyes and scanned the room. "Emma, much is clear from what I see here. I don't know where your parents are, but they're not here. You're sixteen and you're taking care of your little brother, working a low paying job with no parents around. No, maybe I don't know anything about the details, but I can just as easily talk about your situation as you can about mine."

Emma gritted her teeth and felt herself becoming angry with the brunette. "I'm just trying to help you," she said and swallowed thickly.

"I know," Regina replied. "And you're already helping with letting me stay here. That's the most you can do for me and I really appreciate it."

"You're not scared they're going to find you?"

Regina shrugged. "I don't know.. I think that - even though my dad's the mayor - he'll have a hard time finding this place. It's quite well hidden behind those alleys and empty houses."

She inhaled deeply and curtly shook her head. "If you want me to leave, you just have to say so, okay?"

"I don't want you to leave. Surprisingly so, I like your company a lot. Even in my single bed that's not big enough for the both of us."

Regina chuckled softly and bit her lower lip as Emma smiled sweetly at her.

"You still have makeup on that makes you look terrifying," Emma said with a chuckle and cupped Regina's cheek before she tried to wipe the mascara away with her thumbs.

"Okay, this doesn't work," she muttered softly and Regina laughed. She enjoyed the soft touch of being held by Emma, but the blonde moved away her hands and rubbed them together.

"You look different without glasses," Regina suddenly said, trying to get her mind off the fact that Emma's hands were resting on her lap.

Emma laughed and glanced at her glasses on the nightstand. "No kidding," she teased and chuckled softly. "You too, though. You look all blurry ish," Emma said. "Okay, that's not true. I can see you pretty clear, because you're close to me."

Regina slowly moved closer, with a smirk upon her lips. "So, the closer I am, the better you can see me?" She teased.

Emma nodded and laughed. "Yes, but even in a blur everyone can see how pretty you are."

"Pretty?" Regina asked confused, before her mind could register.

Emma felt her hands becoming sweaty and she shrugged with an uncomfortable look on her face.

"Well, yes.. you are gorgeous. But I bet you hear that every day," Emma said and Regina blushed slightly.

"I don't. Well, not from the people I actually care about. Or should care about. The only thing Robin's said to me that came close was "oh, dear God, you have nice titties"," Regina quoted and rolled her eyes.