Chapter 34

Regina sipped her wine as the bubbles from the soap surrounded her. She'd always enjoyed hot baths. Feeling the burning hot water pricking her skin, brought her to a point of utter calmness.

She was caught up in a book and held it up with one hand, making sure it didn't got wet from the water underneath it.

Regina didn't take baths very often, but when she did, she enjoyed them to the fullest, most times after a hard day at work.

Today hadn't been such a hard day, but still quite a lot of paperwork.

She looked up from her book, when she heard someone close the front door downstairs and she recognized the footsteps on the stairs immediately.

That was Emma.

They were together for approximately two years now. They didn't live together yet and travelled between Storybrooke and Boston to meet up with each other.

Emma did own a key of Regina's house and she often visited Storybrooke instead of the other way around, because she liked visiting Henry and Ruby as well.

"Gina?" The blonde's voice sounded and Regina didn't bother closing her book.

"In the bathroom," she replied and it didn't take long before she heard a knock on the door.

"Can I come in?"

"If you're not afraid to see me naked, yes," Regina teased and looked up from her book as the blonde entered the bathroom with red, puffy eyes.

"Em? What's wrong?" Regina asked worried and immediately stood up from her bath. She shut her book and carefully set down her glass of wine as she draped a bathrobe around her body.

Emma reached for the glass of wine and drank the liquid all at once. Regina looked confused at the scene playing in front of her, because Emma didn't like red wine at all.

It probably was pure for the alcohol.

"Okay, Em. Look at me. What's wrong?" Regina moved her hands to Emma's upper arm, before she embraced the woman.

Emma pulled back and kissed Regina passionately. She cupped Regina's cheeks, pulling her as close as possible to her, while she twirled her tongue around Regina's.

Regina wrapped her arms around Emma and stroked the blonde's back as she kissed Emma back.

"Gina, you know I love you, right?" Emma said, once she'd broken their kiss and she breathed heavily. "I love you for always and forever."

A tear rolled down Emma's cheek, and it worried Regina. She softly kissed the tear away and cupped Emma's cheeks.

"I love you, too, Emma." She stroked the woman's cheekbones with her thumbs. "And now tell me, what's bothering you?"

Emma swallowed and looked around. "The bathroom is not the place."

Regina nodded curtly, while her mind started creating all kinds of terrible ideas and scenarios that could have happened to Emma.

They walked downstairs and made themselves comfortable on the couch, curled up against each other.

"It's nice seeing you, again," Emma whispered as her fingers slid down Regina's chest, that was slightly exposed by the bathrobe.

They hadn't seen each other in two days. Sometimes, they were too busy to visit each other for a week, but they often made sure to sleep over with each other at least thrice a week.

"It's always nice seeing you, but please, get to the point, Emma."

"Okay, but don't get mad."

"Don't give me a reason to get mad, then," Regina replied smugly and kissed the top of Emma's head.