Chapter 18

"Emma, crap.. what do I do?" Regina asked worried and rubbed her hands together.

"Whatever you can. And I'll help you. We don't have much time before classes start, but we have to find Robin beforehand," Emma said and started packing her books.

Regina stood up and rubbed her temples. "I never should have gone to school," she muttered and Emma put her hand on her shoulder.

"Regina, we can fix this," she reassured and grabbed her bag from the floor before she hurried along with Regina to outside the library.

They both caught a glimpse of Robin as he was walking downstairs and exchanged a look before they ran toward him.

"Robin, hi," Regina said, drawing the boy's attention to her. "We need to talk."

"Oh, but I think everything's abundantly clear," Robin said with a dead glare and Regina straightened her posture.

She exchanged a look with Emma who nodded encouraging. "Could you.. delete the pictures?" Regina asked and Robin smirked.

"I already have," he replied.

Regina cocked her head. "What?" She asked genuinely confused.

Robin shrugged. "I don't need that nastiness on my phone. It's disgusting. You are disgusting. I sent them to your mom, but now I just want to forget about it."

Regina stiffened and stepped back. "You sent them to my mother?" She asked with a tone full of disbelief.

Robin nodded. "I can't believe you of all people, have joined this ungraceful sin. You're going to Hell," Robin spat. "Your parents deserve to know that. Now, I don't want anything to do with you anymore."

The boy strutted away and Regina trembled of fear. "Emma, I need to get out of here," Regina said and hurried downstairs.

Emma followed her outside the school. Regina didn't stop walking. In fact, she started running and Emma had trouble keeping up with her.

"Regina! Gina, hey!" Emma said loudly, but Regina continued walking.

She noticed that Regina was breathing way too fast and tears were rolling down the brunette's cheeks.

Emma finally caught up with her and grabbed her shoulder, preventing Regina from walking any further.

"If my parents see this.. Emma, they're going to kill me," Regina said, but Emma didn't reply.

Instead, she wrapped her arms around the brunette and held her tight. She wanted to tell Regina everything would be okay, but frankly.. she didn't know if everything was going to be okay.

"Regina.." she whispered and stroked the brunette's back. "We're going to my house and you'll get some rest. We'll do anything to make sure you're safe."

Regina sniffed and nodded before she pulled away from Emma and continued walking.

"Thank you for everything," she said softly and picked up her pace. "I need to get away.." she muttered and started running.

Emma followed her in her tight uniform as she securely held the straps of her bag.

They arrived by Emma's house and after having explained everything to Ruby, the babysitter nodded slowly.

"I'll give you two some time. I'll take Henry to the diner  and I'll drop him off at your place once you're ready. I'll tell Granny you won't come to work tonight."

Emma tilted her head in confusion. "I'm coming to work, don't worry."

Ruby pointed at the skin just below Emma's eyes as she shook her head. "You're going to get some rest. Maybe those dark circles around your eyes will finally disappear. Goodbye Regina, bye Emma," Ruby said and left the bungalow with Henry.