Chapter 28

Regina didn't know where to go. She knew going to work wouldn't help her at all, because she really needed to talk to someone.

She didn't want to bother Emma with her problems and she had very few, well, no actual friends.

So, she figured she'd go to her little sister.

Zelena was the only one in the family who actually understood her. She had never judged Regina when she knew she had fallen in love with a girl.

The woman herself was happily married with a man, but she had always known that Regina wasn't happy with Robin and she'd often encouraged her sister to file for divorce.

Fiona, on the other hand, had become even more religious than her parents. She had moved to Storybrooke's monastery and had become a nun. She wasn't married, obviously.

Regina and Fiona barely talked. Fiona still hadn't really gotten over the fact that Regina had once fallen in love with a girl and knew that Regina wasn't fond of religions anymore.

"What did he do this time?" Zelena asked, immediately after she'd opened the door for her older sister. She stepped aside and let Regina in.

"Emma is back in town," Regina said. She always immediately got to the point when she was around her sister.

Zelena shut the door and looked confused at her sister. "Really?"

"Who besides you is home?" Regina asked carefully and looked around.

Zelena's man was Catholic, their parents wouldn't allow her to marry anyone that isn't, but he still was a nice man. He wasn't nearly as strict as Robin and the only thing they did with their religion was going to church once a month.

The man accepted gay marriage, but Regina still didn't need him to know her story.

"Chad is at work. I was just marking some tests. I just put Margot to sleep. So, Emma's back?" Zelena asked as they followed their usual routine.

Yes, they had created a routine from every time Regina came to her sister's house to complain about her marriage, or just to talk and catch up with her sister; Regina took place in the same chair as Zelena prepared lemon tea with a tiny bit of milk and two spoons of sugar as usual.

"Mhm," Regina hummed, still not really there with her mind. She still felt Emma's lips against hers and she missed them. "We kissed."

Regina immediately snapped out of her trance, when she heard mugs falling in the kitchen.

"Damn, Zelena? What's going on?" Regina turned around and saw Zelena looking bewildered at her.

"She kissed you?" Zelena asked and grabbed the mug from the floor, which luckily wasn't broken.

"Not really," Regina confessed. "I kinda kissed her.."

Zelena sighed and poured some tea in the cups. She stirred the sugar as she poured some milk with it and didn't speak just yet.

Regina patiently waited for her little sister to have comprehended all this and gripped the armrests of the chair tightly.

"Oh, Gosh.. Regina.." Zelena set down the mugs and sat down on the couch opposite the chair. "I assume Robin doesn't know."

"Of course not. He'd kill me." She sighed softly. "He's already angry with me.."

Zelena cocked her head and sipped her tea. "Why?"

"Because he found the anti conception pills in the trash."

Zelena spilled her tea on top of her white couch and cursed softly. She stood up to grab a napkin and peeked over her shoulder at her sister.