Kitty and Beth - Chapter Eleven

" I was really sleepy " I protested as we walked down the hospital hall , the normal hand sanitizer and latex smell was making me feel a bit light headed .
" Lucky for you , you didn't have to deal with Anita when she came in to bring lunch and nearly screamed when she saw you on top of me like that , she was flushed from head to toe when I had to bring you out into the hall still sleeping ." He said smiling playfully .
" Shoot , now she's going to think me and you are entering each other's wifi passwords ." I blushed when I realized I had used slang again .
" Do tell what does that mean ? " He asked laughing .
" It means -you know-ugh..." I squirmed . " I'm not saying it ."
" Excuse me , what room is Katana DaMour in ? " Kamryn asked a nurse passing by , when she laid her eyes on him she flushed .
" Um, I, um , " she struggled to form a sentence . " Room 605 floor 6 " She said and ran away .
I elbowed him lightly " Quite the ladies man aren't ya tiger ? "
" I have no idea what you mean ." He said smiling .
I rolled my eyes .
" Did you just roll your eyes at me Miss Silverbraid? " He asked , feigning shock .
" I wouldn't dare Mister DaMour ." I said smoothly . " Wait , could you go and get me three snicker bars from the cafeteria ? "
" Um , " He said . " Is it urgent ? "
" Yeah I'm on my , you know , period , and I'm really craving sweets since you know I'm internally bleeding, second by second-"
" Yes I understand " He said looking uncomfortable. " I'll be back , you can wait for me in Kitty's room ,"
" Thank you , " I said grinning and stepping into the elevator, the doors dinged shut and I was left alone with my jumbled thoughts .
I blew out , as my hands started to tremble in nervousness , what would she be like ? Would she be nice ? Would she be able to tell who I was ? Would she be angry ?
I licked my lips and stepped out on the sixth floor , I was surprised when I saw there was only three rooms and one receptionist in the center but I was even more stunned to see who the receptionist was .
" Ariel ? " I asked smiling .
The redhead looked up . " Oh , I remember you you're Thalia ! " She said breaking into a grin . " What's up ? "
" Not much , just got in coma for two weeks and woke up yesterday ." I said walking up to the desk . " But what about you ? How have you been ? "
She flushed and smiled . " Well my match , Edinth and I are going to get married soon ."
" Wow ! Thats so great , " I was speechless . " So soon ? "
" Yes , and no I'm not pregnant " she said laughing . " But I'm so sure its him , he's the one and only , "
I pursed my lips . " That's good , I'm very very happy for you , "
I big pain on my cheekbone struck me , I placed my hands on my cheek as I stumbled back .
" Are you alright ? For a second it looked as if someone had struck you ." She asked alarmed .
" Do I have a bruise ? " I asked .
" No "
" Then I'm alright , just a hard core cheek reflex , " I said quickly , but the pain was still there .
" Okay then ..." she said and we stood there for a moment in silence .
" What are you doing here ? Do you know someone ? " She asked .
" Yes , I'm here to see Katana DaMour -"
" DaMour ? Whatever for ?" She seemed confused .
" My match is Kamryn DaMour ." I explained . " I'm here to see his sister , he's down at the cafeteria ."
She winced . " Quite a line at this hour . But Damn girl Kamryn DaMour is your match ," she hooted " When's the wedding ?"
" I , um , I don't think it's anytime soon , I'm sure he's not quite ready for that stage yet , and we haven't really gotten to talk about that ..." I noticed my voice had lowered and lowered until it was just a whisper .
Ariel nodded sympathetically " Uhuh I had a cousin who was just like that you know ? All I don't want to rush things and whatnot , but what about you ? "
" What ? "
" Do you want to marry him ? "
The question was like a bullet entering my skull , but the answer was there .
" Yes . I would ." I said swallowing .
" Well there , if its coming its coming ." She said winking . " I shouldn't keep you much longer , "
" Don't worry , but I should get going , nice talking to you Ariel ." I said walking towards the door 605 . " By the way , why is there only three rooms ? "
" Isn't it obvious ? This is the ultra VIP room , aka Crazy Rich only here ." She said .
" Oh , okay , take care ." I said trying not to let that shake me .
" Same over here Thalia ...good luck ." She called after me as I opened the door .
I sighed , as I walked inside and closed it behind me .
Time to face the biggest mistake in your life .