The DaMours - Chapter Five

" They expect sharp cheekbones , almond eyes and a killer  look , something to match up to Mister DaMour's demeanor ." Anita said , running a brush through my hair .
" Like the lady who did Maleficent  ? " I said .
" Yes , they wanted a girl that made you think , ' God I better not mess with these people if I want to keep my behind ' , and you my girl are the exact opposite when it comes to your looks ." She said . " You have a sweet , lady like face with pronounced cheekbones , curved jaw , heart shaped face and wide child-like eyes ."
I sighed . " Boo to me then "
Anita laughed . " In my experience most of the girls that look like you are the first to stab you in the arse "
I laughed " I never denied it "
" Thats why we are going to make them crazy by making you look both cute and killer like , " She said .
" Hmm , like a mix between Debbie Ryans and Cardi B ? "
" Yes ... that's surprisingly workable " Anita said spraying my head with water . " But not the best image " she wrinkled her nose .
" So tell me more of this family "
" Well , Mister Doman is the quietest bit he's the ' Resource guy ' , he has many many contacts , one call and boom next thing you know your family is dead and you're in bankruptcy, he's a quiet guy , and very polite if you're on his good side . Mrs . Doman is ' The Planner ' , she's the one who gets all the info about you and knows every single one of your moves , she plans everything, she'll be the one we need to worry about , she'll try to trip you up . Now , their daughter Misty , is ' The enforcer ' , she's the one who will hurt you physically and mentally , make you doubt , tonight she'll probably spill a cup of red wine over you or stab you with a fork claiming it was an accident . " Anita said , working on my make up next . " Tonight , I'll guide you so you don't mess up , I'll tell you what and what not to talk about , what questions to ask and the things you do and eat . But mainly what I need for you is not to speak out of turn , they'll expect you to be frail and try to get on their good side with compliments "
" But isn't that what I'm trying to do ?"
" Well yes , but not that way , they'll expect you to kiss them up and when they cue you , you'll reply with some spank , for example " Oh , this is my daughter Misty , don't you think she's the most beautiful thing you've seen ? " Whats the answer ?"
" I agree ?"
" Err , nope , thats what they expect you to say and then they'll just insult you by saying 'Too bad not every single girl is born with her beauty, but don't worry , you don't need looks to clean " , " Anita said , posing with a fake smirk on her face . " The correct answer is , " Eh , I know every mother thinks of her daughter that way " That'll leave her shocked , but most importantly will pave the way to Mrs Damon respecting you ."
" Um , okay , so I just act sassy and daring ?"
Anita nodded . " Mister Damon will respect you if Mrs Damon does , but then you still have to win over Misty , and to do that , you have to beat her , doesn't matter what , from tic tac toe to sword battling ."
" Check " I said .
" This is the dress you'll wear , " She said slipping it on me without me being able to look at it . " Done , you look ..."
" Absolutely adorable " I whispered as I looked in the mirror , a small wicked smile spread across my skin, the girl in the mirror mimicked me breaking her child-like beauty with a cruel smile .
The girl in the mirror had curly dark black hair that cascaded down her back , her dark eyes were wide and framed by long eyelashes that contrasted against her snowy white skin , in each cheek were rosy blooms , her pearly white teeth settled on her blood red lips , the most terrible thing of all was that her slightly sharp canines were exposed , giving her a soft threat that hung in the air .
Her body was small and looked fragile , she was covered in a nice black dress that went a little under her knees and hugged her figure with long lace black sleeves , she wore black high heels , and overall, her beauty was so striking , a mix between cute and dangerous.
Perfect .
" They are so going to hate you " I said to the girl in the mirror , she grinned right back her eyes sparkling . " Anita , can I wear my necklace ?"
" Sure " she said shrugging. " Its cute , by the way I found this little box in the closet and I thought it may be some type of diamond you like ."
" Oh ? " I said taking it from her .
" I'll leave so you can just prep up for all the tension coming next ." She said walking out .
" Thank you " I said quietly .
I sat down in a rocking chair and opened up the little black box , inside it contained a little black pendant , it was like the ones on my necklace and just as beautiful with a silver intricate on the outside , I picked up my necklace and compared the stones to each other , I was surprised when it could be slipped on easily and wouldn't come out when I tugged on it .
I sighed and left it on , I looked back inside the box and found a note , it read ;
The Siren's stone .
Look at your phone .