Weiss: (shocked) Winter?

Qrow: No offense, Weiss. I'm not sure that's a good idea anymore.

Weiss tenses her shoulders and turns to Qrow, fists clenched.

Weiss: There's obviously something very wrong. If we can just talk to her, then we--

Qrow: Look, I'm not even sure we should be talking to Ironwood, if we had y/n then maybe we could have....

Charlie: but we don't...

They all turn their attention to him.

Charlie: until we know exactly what's going on with Mantle, we will avoid them at all cost; we can't risk anything now.

Weiss: But--

Maria: Everyone, calm down. (sighs) I know someone who can help with both.

Atlas Air Traffic Female: (angry) Manta 5-1, you are to make your--

Charlie walks over crushing the radio.

Maria: (relief) at least now she can take a hint!

Charlie: we're mark now, land this ship we're going on foot.

After landing the stolen Manta in Mantle, Maria cautiously exits an alley by slowly shuffling along with her cane. When she sees the coast is clear, she picks up her cane and walks normally, and everyone else exits the alley with her. In the distance, a small group of Atlas soldiers run down a street in the direction that Maria and the others came from.

Soldier: It landed over there, let's go!

The group begins walking through Mantle together.

Maria: Come on now, hurry! It shouldn't be much of a walk.

Jaune: Is this many soldiers normal?

Weiss: No. At least, I didn't think so.

Charlie:so reassuring....

At the back of the group, Yang notices a whirring sound and stops to take a look.

Yang: Huh?

the drone takes a photograph of her face with a bright flash, which Yang recoils from. In response, Yang kicks the drone, knocking it out of the air and causing it to tumble into the street, where it is struck by a car.

Yang: (cringing at the drone's destruction) Ooh...

Yang turns to see everyone else in the group staring at her. She awkwardly shifts her posture with a sheepish smile.

Yang: Maybe we should pick up the pace.

Everyone resumes walking.

Maria: You have to remember, the Kingdom had just lost the Great War. The people of Mantle needed a sign of a brighter future, and that sign was Atlas. After all, a home in the clouds is as bright as it gets.

Just then a truck full of workers, drenched in muck drove past, each one looking more depressed than the other.

Nora: Unless your the one who has to look up at it.

Blake: This whole city, it just seems awful.

A drunken voice calls out from nearby.

Drunk Mann: Yeah?

The drunk man comes stumbling down from a porch.

Charlie: look, we don't want any problems so why don't you-