Fake Truth

"Welcome to the Velvet Room. This place exists between dream and reality, mind and matter." Theo smiled wickedly.

"My master has stepped out for a moment. I assume that he'll be back a while later." He added.

"Theo..." I mumble.

"Yes, milady?"

"Oh, no. Nothing. It's just... familiar? I guess." I thought to myself, not knowing that I said it out loud and that Theo had heard it too.

"Here in the Velvet Room, nothing happens without reason or meaning. So to say, it was predetermined for you to be here and my master to not be."

"I... see." I couldn't entirely grasp what he meant by that so I just looked around.

In the room, there were eight doors. Four doors on both sides. Each of them corresponds to a kind of style. Some doors looked European and some looked ancient. There were also doors covered by white cloth.

It's weird though. The doors are not connected to a ceiling nor a wall so where does they lead it to?

I looked back at Theo and asked."Umm... Theo, why am I here?"

"What ever do you mean? Being a bit more specific would be greatly appreciated, milady." It seems like he knows what I'm talking about but he wants me to just be blunt about it.

"This is 2 years into the future, right? Why am I here? Ken-kun said that there are still shadows? Didn't we defeat Nyx and stop The Fall? Why is this happening? Who's Minato?" My voice slowly grew louder and louder. Unable to control my anxiety, I just let it all out on Theo.

"I'm afraid that I cannot tell you. Here in the Velvet Room, we are forbidden to 'help' you out on your journey. We are only meant to 'assist'. He answered straightforwardly.

Somehow... He has a cold aura emanating around him or... Is it just my imagination?

"Ah... Are there requests that I have to fulfill?" I say.

I know that I've done different kinds of requests in the Velvet Room before. I know I have but it all seems so... mushy?

"Ah... Ryoji-kun too..." I sink to the floor.

I killed Ryoji-kun to save the world... I never really thought about it much since I was afraid. Will he... forgive me? Was I better off to die?

I don't understand. Where am I? Where do I belong?

"Please tell me... Where... Where am I..." I plead Theo but it was so soft that I feel that only I could hear it.

He kneels before me and hugs me tight.

Surprised, I only came up with his name. "Theo...dore...?"

"I'm sorry... Just a while longer. Please." His voice sounds tortured.

I didn't say anything more and he was just hugging me for how long.

"U-umm... Theo... I- I can't breathe." His grasp was getting tighter and tighter so I had to speak up.

He immediately released me and helped me up.

"Ah. I deeply apologize for my inadequate behavior. Do pay it no mind. The only thing that I could say is that the future you'll meet will be filled with happiness, sometimes there'll be deep problems but in the end... The final choice will be yours to make and will decide your fate. That is all." Theo smiled and took a look at the huge clock behind us.

I forgot about that clock. Even if it's big, I dunno why I couldn't remember it. Oh well.

"It seems that this is the end of our discussion for today. I hope to see you again. Till next time." He lightly bowed to me, smile unwavering.