Chapter 8- Protective Brothers and Fire Alarms

Wesley is flirting Sam again. I only have a few more reps.

"Can you believe them?" He asks.

I laugh.

"No but my legs are about to fall off." I reply.

He's just glaring at the two love birds.

I finish my last rep. I can barely hold it up. My thighs and calves are screaming.

"Bryan?"

"I just care about her." He says.

"Well....That's...nice..of you." I swear I can feel my blood pressure rising.

The fire alarm goes off and everyone jumps.. My legs can't hold it when he let's go.

There's a loud crash. And it. Hurt. Did we have to have the fire drill today?

He looks terrified. I would too.

"Get to the parking lot."
Coach says as he grabbed his clip board.

"Are you ok?" Bryan asks as him and Hunter pull the weight back up and I push it up and lock it.

"Yep."

I struggle to stand but do with assistance.

"Was this your attempt to bench me?"I ask and then smile.

He sighs in relief.

"I'm really sorry.." He says.

"It's fine.." I say as we both walke to the parking lot.

"Are you ok??" Sam asks as her and Lara walk up to us.

"Yeah..it was more embarrassing than anything.." I say quietly.

Sam just shakes her head.

~~~

I had Spanish 2 next, since it actually was just a drill. Grace and Hunter were in this class with me. I'm terrible at Spanish. It's that one subject that just gets me. Well. Gets me more than math does. And my mom kind of forced me to take pre calc. So we'll see how that goes.

We had first lunch, and I had math next. So I wasn't excited.

Math was boring. And I was clearly the only one in there who wasn't good at it. He gave us a pre test.

"Hey what's number five??"
Brett whispers.

"Well I'm still on number three." I say.

Everyone always had the dumb football players stereo type. But a lot of them actually do really good in the classes they take. Coach told us that they've never had a real problem with grade eligibility. Hopefully my Spanish and math don't mess that up.

"So do you like full back, wide receiver, or quarterback better?"
Brett asks. He told me he used to play offensive line before being switched to defense.

"I can't decide yet. I kind of like all of them." I really can't decide though. Quarterback is pressure. A lot of pressure. But it is also fun.

It was finally time for me to go to my fourth block. English with Allie, Bryan, and Grace.

We're all seniors in there and my English teacher seemed like she would try and make it enjoyable.

"I don't want to go to practice." Grace says as we all wait for the bell to ring.

"Maybe he'll be easy on us. Since it's Monday."
I suggest. Kind of hoping he might.

I opene the blinds. The sky is clear. Well..we signed up for this.

"I'm so tired." Allie says as she stretches.

I notice that all of the girls sit on one side and all the guys on the other.

"I hope we don't get assigned seats." Grace says

It's nice sitting with your best friends. But sadly, it usually doesn't last.