Chapter 28 - Vanished in thin air

Start from the beginning

"Their punishment can be decided later but now we have to discuss something important yuvraj." Karna said.

Yuvraj nodded and signaled the soldiers to leave.

"Yuvraj, we checked all the soldiers and each and every person present in the palace right now. What shocked us is that no one had any kind of wounds. Not even a single scratch." Kakashri said making everyone frown.

"But how is that possible? It's only possible by some miracle or some magic. No medicine or herbs can cure such deep wounds in just a few hours." Nakul said.

"Did anyone leave the palace?" Yuvraj asked.

"No yuvraj, no one left the palace."  Karna answered.

"This is a serious matter putra Yudhishthir. Someone attacking our kul vadhu in your absence is not acceptable. We should be thankful to narayan that Aahana rescued herself with great precision. She has set an example for every woman to be brave and calm in situations like these." Pitamah praised his daughter in law but yuvraj was still in deep thought.
Who must be that person?

"Jyesht, how is bhabhi now?" Arjun asked concerned.

"She's a bit shocked but fine now." Yuvraj answered.

"I just can't wait to find that person and make him count his own 412 bones." Bheem said cracking his knuckles.

"But jyesht, there are only 206 bones in the human body." Nakul asked confused.

"Nakul, I will first break his each and every bone into two halves and then I will make him count them." Bheem said angrily.

Yuvraj noticed Sahadev deep in thought.

"We will discuss everything later. Everyone should go and sleep now. We will continue this tomorrow." Everyone nodded and were about to leave but Yuvraj interrupted.

"Sahadev, stay. I would like to have a word with you." Yuvraj said while Sahadev nodded and stayed back.

"What's the matter Sahadev? Tell me clearly." Yuvraj said keeping a hand on his younger brother's shoulder.

"Jyesht, I was contemplating on the things we know about the attacker.
1. He's a great warrior.
2. He has great physical strength.
3. He's someone bhabhi has never met.
4. His wounds heal quickly.
5. He knows the security system of our palace.
And if we look at all these point, this has to be someone we know. I just can't point out who he is." Sahadev completed leaving his brother deep in thought.

"You are right Sahadev. He is someone close to us. We just can't point him out." Yuvraj said.

"Whatever it is jyesht, we will see to it tomorrow. You should be with bhabhi right now. She needs you. Also, day after tomorrow we have to leave for varnavrat. She needs rest before we go." Sahadev said as yuvraj nodded.

They both left while on the way, a maid informed yuvraj that his wife and mother are now in his room.
As he reached his room, he saw his mother sitting with his wife's head in her lap. She smiled looking at the sight.

"Yudhishthir?" He heard his mother call him as he looked at her. Listening to her husband's name, Aahana got up from her mother's lap. They looked at each other, communicating with their eyes.
Yudhishthir made his way towards the two ladies and sat beside his mother.

"Did you find the attacker?" Rajmata asked her son.

"No maa, we didn't. It's like he has vanished in thin air." Yudhishthir sighed.

"Don't worry putra, have faith in mahadev. He will not let a culprit go away after doing such a heinous crime." Rajmata assured her son. Yuvraj just nodded.