Chapter 36- Picture Perfect

Chapter 36- PICTURE PERFECT

Grace's phone buzzed and she read the text sent instantly from Bailey:

Oh, holy shit! Are you kidding me? Tell that bitch to piss off of our parade. Chase will shit soccer balls if he sees her when we get there....especially with Katie here! What a supreme skank. Get rid of her before we arrive! Have Chase's parents kick her ass OFF their property. Be there soon. -X

  Grace knew the Vaughns and they would never treat Carson so uncharitably. Evan was still in "semi-recovery" mode and couldn't possibly get her out in time. It was up to Grace to do the dirty work. But first, she'd have to explain to Justine what had transpired between Carson and Chase. She was pretty sure she had a general idea.

 Grace would make it a bit more vivid  to get the job done!

 She opened the door of the powder room with her bag in one hand, phone in the other. Justine was already waiting. Grace kept her voice low, in case Carson could hear her from outside.

 Justine inched closer and Grace kept her update short and sweet.

"I have no idea what she is even doing here. I'm sure Evan filled you in that Carson and Chase are most definitely not together. She has been cheating on him for months! He dumped her last week. Then, she and Bailey had a big blowout at the bonfire. If they show up with her at your front door, it won't be pretty. Should I give her the boot?" Grace suggested.

 Justine knew enough that it took very little convincing on Grace's part.

"Oh, Honey, do whatever you have to. Blame Steve and I if you'd like. Just send her on her way before Chase gets here. I don't want his parents showing up for the soapbox "re-run", or any other adults, for that matter. They will all be arriving in a few minutes, and I can't deal with any additional drama. Give us a shout if you need Steve's assistance. I'll make myself scarce and keep your parents entertained. I think I may need another glass of wine." she added.

 Grace nodded and Justine walked away briskly, her hand on her forehead. She grabbed the wine bottle as she blew through the kitchen like a white tornado. Grace set her bag on the floor and smoothed her dress once more. She walked nervously to the front door.

 She had no idea what to say to Carson.

 Grace turned the knob at once and forced a smile at the vision in silver and red... Harlot Red.

 SHOCKING!

 Carson eyed her up and down, and for a split second, Grace thought that the tables had been turned and she was actually envious of her! She kept her eyes directly on Carson's, silently challenging her as she spoke.

"You're not stepping ONE rhinestone-laden foot in the Vaughn's house! " she thought.

"Hi, Grace. You look totally PENG. Love that dress on you." she spewed.

 FRAUD.

 Grace smiled a bit wider, never taking her eyes off of the Homewrecking Queen.

"Sorry to show up with a few extra friends, but I was invited initially for Homecoming pics before the dance. I thought maybe Chase would be here already? We caught a glimpse of them on our way out of La Mangia's."

 Carson looked around, noting his car was nowhere in sight.

 Grace could see Jess, Kelsey and an assumed boyfriend lingering in the driveway. She had no idea what possessed Carson to think she could just invite whoever she wanted into the Vaughn's home.