Chapter 10- PDA

CHAPTER TEN-PDA

FHS was in the lead! The score was 3-0.

"Yes!" Grace shrieked aloud, knowing this was a good sign for their home team.

There wasn't a chance in hell that she'd find a spot to sit on her own, but a couple of friends from History class called her over to join them.  Grace figured she'd attempt to be social.

She glanced toward the field, and instantly spotted Evan standing far right to the center spot. Not that she could've ever missed him.

#23.

He had his hands on his knees, bent over slightly. He was heavily focused on the game. She also peeked at the cheer squad, where Carson was leading a diamond formation.

The weather was gorgeous and everything seemed to be going well.... so far.

"Grace! Come sit with us!" shouted her classmate, Becca. Grace waved and made her way up the bleachers. Her best friend, Katie, sat beside her.

"Hey, you two. How's it going?" Grace asked.

"Great!" said Becca. We've scored one goal and one assist so far. I think we're going to spank em' today."

"Let's hope so", said Katie. "I like your hair, Grace." She smiled at Grace and she touched her hat.

"Oh, thanks. It's the 'I didn't have time to do it, so I slapped a baseball hat over it' look". She laughed at herself and Becca glanced up at her.

"You're crazy. You look totally cute in a baseball hat. I can't wear hats. They make me look stupid." she said.

"Oh, you don't need a hat to look stupid, Becca. You manage that just fine on your own!" Katie taunted.

"Kiss it!" said Becca and Grace and Katie both snickered. Grace didn't think she looked all that in her hat, but was already late to the game. She didn't want Evan to think she lacked interest in his passion for soccer.

"So, Grace, I hear that Evan is taking you to Homecoming!" said Becca with enthusiasm. "That's the ish. He's really cute."

"Oh, thanks. Boy, word sure does get around fast!" Grace noted and Katie nodded.

"Yup. I believe Bailey was the source, if I recall correctly." Katie reported.

"That's my Bail! Always there to spread the latest." She sighed and looked over at the cheerleaders.

Bailey was getting a drink of water from one of the coolers, so Grace figured she'd say 'hello' to her before halftime. "Speaking of the she-devil, I'm going to pop over to her real quick. Wanna come?"

"Nah", said Katie. "We fought for these seats and I fully intend to keep them. Wish her luck for us, though."

"Okay. I'll be back!." Grace hoped she wouldn't trip over someone as she made her way down the bleachers. She crossed the track to where the tables were set up with coolers. Bailey smiled when she saw her.

"Hey, Gurl. What's the word?" said Grace to Bailey. Bailey looked great in her uniform, and her high ponytail bounced as she walked over to her. She had the letters FHS painted on her cheeks.

"The word is VICTORY. We're in the lead. Thanks to your boy and Chase... of course."

"Did Evan score a goal?" Grace asked curiously.

Bailey shook her head.

"No. Chase scored the goal. Evan got a point for an assist. It's looking good so far. I'm fired up for halftime. Carson and I killed these girls this week prepping for this new cheer. Promise you'll stay and watch us perform it?"