Rise of the Old Masters

Starting this the same day I worked on "Fighter Flight". If my motivation continues I will be making a schedule.

I know I've been asking for you to comment and vote, but if you want to share it anywhere please do! But if you want to just read that's okay too!

Enjoy! I'm very excited for this one!

- - -

"Focus," the Jedi stared, "focus on letting go."

Day one of Jedi training had begun, Ezra was upside down on top of the Ghost's primary turret. Kanan stood in front of him, explaining what the boy was supposed to do. Behind him was Zeb and Chopper, who were helping.

"Letting go?" Ezra questioned, not opening his eyes, "rather hold on if you don't mind."

"Enough jokes," Kanan commanded, "focus."

Ezra groaned, attempting to lift himself off the ship and levitate. He sighed, having no luck so far today,

"I'm trying..." he replied, frustrated.

"Do or do not, there is no try."

Ezra opened his eyes, looking at Kanan, "What does that even mean?" He asked, "how can I do something if I don't try to do it?"

"Well... see..." Kanan sighed, thinking for a second, "actually, that one always confused me too. But Master Yoda sure used to say it a lot."

Zeb yawned loudly, disrupting their training session, "I really thought this Jedi stuff would be more interesting," The lasat stood up and stretched, "no wonder the old religion died." Chopper beeped something in response, but was ignored by everyone as Zeb walked over to the still upside down Ezra. He looked at the boy, "come on! Do something. Amuse me! Use the force!" The lasat shook the turret around so it would turn, causing Ezra to fall into a bin full of trash.

Zeb looked down to him, laughing at the boy. Kanan walked down to where Ezra was, annoyed as he helped Ezra up,

"Does he have to be here?" Ezra asked, looking to his master.

Kanan looked at the sky, avoiding eye contact with Ezra, "He's annoying, but there will always be distractions," he told him, "you need to learn to focus through them."

He turned back to Ezra, smiling a little, "Here, let's try something else." The Jedi grabbed the pieces of his saber from his belt, putting them together and reaching his hand out for Ezra to grab it. The boy looked at the weapon, shocked for a second, then stood up and grabbed it from Kanan. He admired the weapon for a second, looking to Kanan,

"When do I get my own?"

Kanan placed his hand on Ezra's shoulder, "Having a laser sword doesn't make you a Jedi."

Ezra looked at the weapon again, muttering to himself, "Get's me closer." He ignited the weapon, causing Kanan to jump out of the way before being hit by it.

"Careful!" He commanded, as Ezra moved the weapon away from Kanan, steading himself as the Jedi continued, "there's a control on the wife that adjusts the length to your height." Ezra nodded, making the blade shorter.

Zeb watched from the turret, mocking Ezra, "I think it should be a little shorter." Chopper laughed mechanically, as Kanan made his way over to the droid and lasat.

"Okay," he looked back to Ezra, "close your eyes." Ezra nodded, putting the weapon in front of him, doing as his master told him. Kanan glanced over to Chop, "let him have it, Chopper."

Zeb took a milk carton, throwing it into the droids mechanical arm, as Chopper began to spin his dome and let go of the carton, throwing it as Ezra. The boy failed to block it, as it hit him in the face. Chopper continued to throw cartons, hitting Ezra each time, and Kanan continued teaching,