Laying Groundwork

"First," Tom said, finally settling into the chair which was sitting across from Lucius, leaning in it comfortably, as if for all the world he did not care much about who was sitting across from him. It was rather...shocking. Instead of it seeming as though it was Lucius who held the power, anyone who looked into this room would be capable of seeing who it was who truly held the card in their hands. Tom Riddle, Voldermort, The Dark Lord, he seemed to command the space and make it into a place worthy of only him, despite the fact that it was Lucius who was the one who was sitting behind the desk, it would seem as though Tom was the one in charge. Of course, he was the one in charge, so it was more then fitting how he seemed to command the entire room swirling the power from Lucius to himself in one mere action. "Evidence." Tom clicked his tongue watching as Lucius's brows furrowed. He spun his wand through his fingers, idly, ignoring the slight flinch, and the stare which Lucius gave to his wand, which was currently weaving through his fingers. He had to say, Draco was more composed when Tom threatened him then Lucius was. It was interesting to see.

"I do not particularly care how you acquire it," Tom said simply, a light hum to his voice. "I just want as much of it as possible. Here. In my possession." He tilted his head slightly to the side his dark eyes catching the blues of Lucius. "Memories of others, paper evidence, anything. I do not really care much what it is, or how you get it, or whose it was. I just want as much evidence of Dumbledore's two timing as possible." Tom narrowed his eyes, staring at the older male. "I assume such a thing will not be too much an issue, correct?"

"No," Lucius said swiftly. "Of course not." Lucius inhaled quickly as he saw the dark glint in Tom's eyes increase and a small laugh fall from his mouth. 

It was worse. He had to say. This Dark Lord. He was far more...terrifying than his previous master. He had no idea how his father was going to react to this, and he was finding quite quickly that he was not fond of knowing the answer either. 

"I will manage quite easily to acquire all the information and evidence necessary. It may take some time, is all." Tom tapped his wand on his chin, humming quietly to himself, eyes turning contemplative. 

"Who do you trust?" Tom asked suddenly, leaning forwards slightly. 

"Who...Who do I trust?" Lucius was confused at this question a bit.

"Yes, Lucius, I do not like repeating myself, I suggest you answer quickly before I take the answer from you." The voice was low, vibrating around the room, and Lucius found himself suddenly wanting to flee. To run as far as possible, yet he did not allow such a thing. He forced himself to stay in his seat. 

"Severus," Tom leaned back once more, folding his arms across his chest, wand propped under his chin thoughtfully. 

"Draco has mentioned him, seems to think quite highly of the man." Lucius stiffened at the mention of his son.

Tom had to admit he did that purely for the reaction. The reaction of course, did not disappoint, naturally. He enjoyed this, perhaps just a little too much. Not that he cared all that much of course, he would indulge himself. 

"Severus is a family friend," He said through gritted teeth. "He has taught Draco much," Tom smiled a bit, but it was nothing comforting, it merely added to the fear which Lucius was feeling having to face him. 

"Ahhh, I see, and would he be within the same...profession, as yourself?" Tom asked, his words seemingly light, but both knew that it was not a question which Lucius was allowed to avoid. 

"He and I joined right after one another." Lucius admitted. "Though there is suspicion that he turned to Dumbledore after you targeted the Potters, though that is difficult to really ascertain, given the fact that you had ordered him to be a spy soon before that." Tom nodded, thinking it over mentally.

"Do not inform him then," He said. Lucius blinked, face blank.

"My Lord?"

"I do not wish for this Severus to know. Inform him what we shall be informing everyone else, that I am Voldermort's son. I do not wish him to know the truth. It is, after all, dangerous to allow my true identity to be released to too many people that I personally cannot account for. You are lucky that your son seems to have such high belief in your abilities." Tom did not miss the slight wariness which instantly entered Lucius' eyes once more at the mention of his son.

He also knew that Lucius understood the implications. Tom was close to Draco, and Draco was close enough with trust in regards of Tom that he had not only indulged Tom's questions, but also inform him of many things that Lucius himself would have preferred not come to the attention of the Dark Lord. It was quite amusing to see the fear which flew through the other at the mentions of his son. 

"What exactly is our story?" Lucius asked, rather then dwell on Tom's subtle threats, which Tom had to admit, was impressive to a certain degree. 

"Simple." Tom said dark eyes glittering at this continuation. "You will travel Asia," 

"Asia, My Lord?" Tom glared at the other. 

"Yes, Lucius, Asia, and I do not appreciate being cut off." His voice broke no argument and Lucius nodded hastily, realizing that he had tested Tom's patience. "Eventually, you will say that upon your travel to Asia, you found me. Naturally, since there is an incredibly low magical students in Asia, it would not be surprising to have a wizard fly under the radar. Most Asian wizards go to Russia for schooling, after all. It would not be surprising to have one wizard child be undetected. Even more so if we are in a smaller country...Mhm...or a highly populated one. I shall leave that up to you, of course. You will plant memories, vague ones, of course, of a person who looks similar to me and a child with similar features within their mind. Should it be investigated of course there would be 'proof' which would be necessary. Having a young, orphaned, wizard alone on the streets of a country with no help and constantly being looked over would be incredibly pitying for many. It is useful." Tom said simply. 

"When would you like me to begin my excursion?" 

"Soon, not immediately of course, and you can do this whilst you are obtaining the information that I wish on Dumbledore." Tom hummed softly to himself, thinking. "Be very careful, Lucius," He said suddenly, eyes flying to Lucius. "I do not like failure." 

That was most consistent with the older version as well.

"Of course, My Lord."