Part 25

Borgin did not like anything about this assignment, but he also knew that there was no way that he could refuse, which really only served to make him more angry. He could not belief he had failed to notice the young Malfoy heir that was standing in his shop. He was not sure what the purpose of that had been, but it was quite obvious that the Malfoy boy did not approve of the way that he was handling Mr. Tom. Not that he would normally care how he handled customers, but it would seem that this particular customer was of a close relation with Young Mr. Malfoy. Through what end, he was not sure, though he supposed that was none of his business really. 

He suspected that this newcomer was rather important. Not many people manage to attract the attention of a Malfoy after all, much less to the point of being even slightly protective of how they are spoken to. It was obvious that the boy was important, at least to Malfoy. Borgin once more cursed his luck. The Malfoys were highly thought of, and highly sought customers. He may have just burned his bridges. Then again, there was something to be said with how the newcomer had spoken with the young malfoy heir. It hinted towards a bit of sternness, and breathed control, but in such subtle breaths that he had not immediately noticed, which was definitely a feat, even if he was reluctant to admit it. 

"What is it that you are looking for?" Borgin asked, trying to play for nice. The boy rolled his eyes and scoffed. Folding his arms across his chest he stared at Borgin a small smile playing at his lips, but his eyes simply blank. It was unnerving. Borgin could have sworn he knew this boy, but there was no way. 

"A variety of things, as I have stated before. I shall give you the list," He hummed, seeming to contemplate something before coming to a decision. "Also, Draco is a bit...protective at times, please do not worry, I shall speak to him. After all, it is not as though you could recognize me." Borgin almost held his breath at that. 

So he did know this boy, or at least, knew someone like this boy. He could not help but think of who the boy reminded him of...Though that was not possible, though he supposed he could be a relation of the teenager. That teenager had left rather abruptly, and the last that he had seen of him was in a fit of terror happened in Diagon Alley causing chaos. He had to admit, he had not expected to see someone who reminded him of the infamous dark lord. If anyone could, however it would be this boy. 

It was the eyes, he decided, the eyes reminded him ever so much of Tom Marvolo Riddle. The boy even had the same....Borgin's eyes widened, shock overtaking his features as he stared at the teenager before him. Who rolled his eyes in exasperation nails clicking on the wood of the desk he was currently sitting before. He idly traced his nails down the grain of the wood, and Borgin felt himself become rather stiff for seemingly no reason. He had no true reason to explain how it was he felt but there seemed to be a sudden darkness to the air. 

"Are you...Are you his son?" Borgin whispered out. Tom scoffed, his eyes gleaming as he did so.

He got his answer. Though Borgin recognized him, he still did not believe it was him, and it took Tom's prompting. Though he knew that Dumbledore would see through something like that immediately, it was not immportant. He had Draco to aid him, and he himself was a good enough actor. Furthermore, with Dumbledore at the very minimally temporarily removed from Hogwarts, although he was not stupid, he knew that it was unlikely to be that way for long. It was possible that McGonagall would hire the man as the transfiguration teacher, and when that happened he would likely have to deal with him again. For now, he can establish himself at Hogwarts, even if it would be a bit...rushed. 

"You can say that," Tom said his eyebrows lifting slightly. "This is the list," He said simply, pulling out of his robes, and handing it to Borgin with a dark smile. "I would hope that Draco's laud of this shop is not underwhelming. The things on the list should not be too hard to procure, though if you have trouble I suppose it is not unexpected. I will, however, be rather disappointed." Tom shrugged his shoulders. "After all, that would mean Draco's assessment was wrong, and...Well, I would hate for that to happen." 

Borgin was almost too shocked to really listen to the rest of what Tom was saying. Draco, the young Malfoy heir had vouched for his shop? That was rather surprising at first, but he could not really help the thrill of joy and shock that ran through his body, shivering with happiness. If that was the case, it would likely mean that the malfoy heir would bring more customers when he came into his titles. That was heartening. Though Borgin may have to wait a bit, but it would seem as though he was already bringing further customers to his doors. He almost smirked, but managed to catch himself before hand. 

However, it was the next words that finally filtered through his ears. He realized with a sudden chill that replaced the warm fuzzy and giddy feeling that he had been previously feeling that if he failed in this endeavour he would likely fail in gaining the young heir's approval, which meant that he would go to another shop and laud them. This could not happen as the word of a Malfoy was almost everything in the dark market. The Malfoy were famous for their secrecy in the darker side of the magical world, and their wealth of knowledge in it. 

Even today, he could tell, the Malfoy heir's magic was much more settled within himself. He would not hesitate to say it was because of this young boy here. He gave him a smile and a bow. 

"Of course, young master."