The Elder Malfoy

Tom watched the other carefully as he contemplated Tom's question. He was somewhat surprised that the other was even doing that much, though he had to admit that he was quite pleased as well. He was being true to Tom, and giving his questions decent thought really made Tom feel quite pleased with the youth. Not that he would admit that, of course. He could, however, think it.

"I do not believe Father knew what the book was," Draco said softly. He glanced up at Tom, before looking back down to his knees, hands held stiffly by his sides. He swallowed, taking a breath, trying to control himself. It was necessary that Tom knew this, and therefore he needed to say it. 

"What makes you say that?" Tom asked, tilting his head to the side just a little, enough that the movement caught the boy's gaze, a jolt of nervousness flying through his eyes for a mere second. The other was quite good at controlling his emotions, which made whatever small bits of them that Tom could make shine through all the more thrilling. 

"Father would have undoubtedly been far more picky with the person which he gave it to had he known. He knew that you, well, your older self, desired the book to be given to a gullible person, and Father chose the girl, but, had he known, I doubt he would have given the book to a Gryffindor girl from a blood traitor family." Tom hummed watching Draco carefully. 

He liked talking to Draco. He liked watching him. It may be slightly creepy, but the other was absolutely fascinating to him. He could not really stop staring at him even if he wanted to. Every movement which the boy did, most of which were cultivated to a certain degree, his mind was what really fascinated Tom though. The Malfoy was beautiful of course, all Malfoys were, but the other's mind was a sheer work of art. He jumped through such hoops, and Tom liked trying to see where the other was going with his thoughts. The boy was simply a work of art, and Tom liked beautiful things. The young Malfoy's mind was exactly that, beautiful. 

"Mhm. Why are you telling me this?" Tom could not help but ask, though he was certain that he already had the answer. He doubted that his old self would have willingly given any of his followers much information on his Horcruxs, given the risk that was involved. Therefore he had no doubt Draco's father had no idea what he held in his possession. However, it did show how highly regarded the other was by his older self, given the fact that he willingly had been given the diary in the first place. 

"Father may not...one hundred percent believe you when we visit him."Draco admitted lowly. Tom mentally thought on this. The boy was not wrong, of course. Yet, Tom was not entirely certain how he should prove himself to the older Malfoy. 

"What do you suggest then, dear Draco?" Just as Tom had suspected, the words caused Draco to flush prettily, light pink staining the pale skin of his cheeks. Not that Tom had much time to really admire the look as the boy swiftly ducked his head to get it under control. However, Tom allowed himself to relish in the embarrassment that the boy exuded slightly. 

"I will vouch for you, of course, you will have to prove yourself to him, in your own way of course. I do not know really how you would manage to do such a thing." 

"You said my older self had entrusted your father with my diary?" Tom mulled over his thoughts, Draco merely nodding instead of speaking up and interrupting his thought processes. He had to admit that the boy definitely managed to read the atmosphere well. Most Slytherins were, but Tom was grateful that the other did not interrupt him, he did not want to do something to the other because he had annoyed him. The boy was doing quite well at not angering Tom so far. Something which he supposed he should wonder over, but he did not bother, casting the thought aside. "How many others knew?" Tom asked, looking straight into the other's eyes suddenly. Draco's own eyes widened for a second, something flashing through them that Tom could not read fully before it disappeared. 

"None, according to Father it was imperative that none others knew. It was a direct order. I never spoke of it, and he never spoke of it."

"How did you know of it then?"

"Overheard Mother and Father speaking of it." Tom raised a brow. "I was supposed to be in bed, but I could not sleep." Tom hummed softly, leaning back in the seat, he watched Draco carefully, eyes taking him apart. 

"Is there anything else?" Tom asked. Draco bit his lower lip, thinking on the question, wondering if there was anything else which the Lord should know before they reached the Kings Cross Station and had to depart from the train. 

"I do not believe so, My Lord." Draco said finally. 

"Good, you know what you are to be doing, correct?" Tom asked voice stern. Draco nodded slowly. "Repeat." 

"I am not to tell Father that I spoke to you of this conversation, and I am not to give Father hints as to what you have decided to do with his staying out of Azkaban, and I shall not speak to Father of anything regarding the Diary." Draco said simply, reciting the series of orders which Tom had provided him. 

Tom nodded, quite impressed with the boy. He had not hesitated in restating them. Typically a person would pause slightly, in panic or fear because they had not been keeping track, yet the boy did not do that. He easily recited everything which Tom had commanded, and in the order which he had commanded them as well. 

"Well done," He said simply, watching as the boy got slightly flustered once more. It only lasted a few seconds, but it was a reward. Tom had quite a bit of fun with this boy. It was quite enjoyable to speak with him.