Episode Three - Chapter Five

I wake up to light streaming through the crack in my curtains. I hold my hands up to shield my eyes for the harsh light. I go to lift my head off the pillow but instantly give up as a splitting headache rages across my forehead. How much did I drink last night? I wonder not remembering many events from last night other than walking and arriving at the boneyard with Matt.

How did I even get home? And alive?

I make a move to sit up succeeding and instantly regretting it. My whole head feels like someone is smashing it with a sledgehammer and the little bit of sunlight coming through the curtains is burning my eyes, probably causing permanent damage and if I don't find a dark room soon i will probably end up blind. I slowly stand up and walk over to my drawers grabbing a hoodie, I take my shirt off and pull the hoodie on straight over my bra, I reach down and grab a pair of plain black leggings from my bottom drawer and stand back up straight. Big mistake. I quickly run to the bathroom flinging my head over the bowl of the toilet. About 15 minutes later I feel safe to stand up again, I flush the toilet and walk over to the sink washing my hand and brush my teeth trying to get the taste of puke out of my mouth.

"Leah?" I hear someone yell. "Leah?" they yell again two seconds later even louder this time. I slowly make my way to the bathroom door and open it seeing JJ walking out of my bedroom.

"Oh shit, you look like crap" he says looking at me.

"Thanks" I say barely loud enough for him to hear my voice sounding crockey.

"Did you and Kie have a party last night and not invite us?" he asked, moving closer to me wrapping his arm around me and helping me to the couch.

"I went to the boneyard with Matt." I sat down and pulled the blanket up to cover my face for the sun. It felt like it was burning my eyes and causing them to melt.

"Matt?" JJ questioned walking away from the couch.

"Yeah he's a guy I met the last time we were at the boneyard. I ran into him yesterday and he asked me to go." i said as JJ returned holding a cup of water and some pain killers.

"You went to the boneyard with another guy, just the two of you." JJ asked, sounding slightly annoyed.

"Yeah??" i answer slightly questions.

"Hurry up and get dressed, we have to be at John Bs in half an hour." JJ said before walking out the back door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kie and I where sitting in her car outside the scrap yard, the boys gave us the important job of distracting the guard while they broke in and stole the gear we needed.

"Hello?" Kie says opening her door and getting out of the car. I follow her walking around the front of the car before saying "Excuse me?" and waving in the direction the guard is standing.

He makes his way over to us. "Can I help you?" he questions looking between Kie and I.

"Hi! Um, we actually have a flat tire." Kie says stepping aside and showing him the tire we had let air out of just before we pulled up.

"we were wondering if maybe you could help us out?" I said to the guard.

"Yeah." the guard said smiling at us.

"Yeah?" Kie question not believing that this actually worked.

"Yeah." he confirmed

"It's just this back one right here. I mean, it must've been a slow leak or something." kie said creating a story for the leak.

" Been sitting in the yard too long?" the guard questioned her bending down to take a better look at the tire.

"Yeah." Kie said surging her shoulders at me and giving me a what? look.

"Yeah, I-- I got this." the guard said walking away to get a pump. Kie gave me a small high five in celebration quickly before the guard returned.

He got to pumping the tire up right away.

Kie thanked him while he was still pumping the tire up.

"Do you hear that?" the guard stood up looking back in the direction of the scrap yard after hearing a dog barking.

"Hear what?" hear what i asked

"Oh... Oh, Tebow's got somethin'. " the guard said starting to walk back in the direction of the yard. I started to panic gesturing at Kie to do something.

"It's probably just a raccoon, maybe. You know? " Kie said, causing the Guard to stop.

"Nothin' to worry about." i said

"Yeah." he said, shrugging his shoulders and getting back to pumping up the tire. He was almost finished and the boys had not given us the signal that they were done yet. Kie nodded her head to the car, her eyes growing bigger by the second. I walked around to the other side of the car and bent down releasing air out of the other tire. Hopefully allowing the boys some more time.

"Where did your friend go?" he questioned Kie.

"She's just checking oh no wait" kie sounded panicked i quickly tried to put the cap back on when.

"What are you doing?" I turned to see the guard standing behind me.

" oh ah This one looks a little low too." I said standing up and scratching the back of my neck.

There more loud barking coming from the scrap yard causing the guard to take off running

"Wait! Wait!" Kie yells out after him

"Shit." I say jumping back in the car just before Kie and we take off in the direction of the meet up point to get the guys.