Episode One - Part Six

I yanked open my back door and ran towards my room flinging my self on my bed. Im about to bring my face in my pillow when I notice that I can smell JJ on it. That ass, can't even let me cry into my pillow because his smell has to latch on to everything. I open my window and throw my pillow out it. I know this is a little overdramatic but I don't care.

I turn over now laying looking at the ceiling. He kissed me, JJ kissed me. How could he do that to me? Messing with my feelings just so he can get off the hook. Argh! I scream.

Tears start streaming down my face, I wipe them away with my hand but its no use they keep coming. My vision has started getting fuzzy. I turn my head to the side and see all the photos on my wall. I get up from my bed and walk over to my desk. I reach out and grab a photo of me and JJ that would have only been taken a month ago. We are sitting outside my back shed having just finished putting our surfboards away. Jj has his arm around me and is looking at me with a huge smile on his face while I look at my phone taking the photo.

Why could he have kissed me then? Of course, I knew the answer he didn't want to, he only did it tonight so that I would stop yelling and being mad about the gun.

I looked up at my wall and started taking all the photos that had JJ in them down. By the end my wall was looking pretty sad and empty just 10 photos remained. Mainly one of me and my parents, some with Kie and then one of Pope, john B and me sitting on the boat. I placed all the photos I had taken down in an empty shoebox and pushed it under my bed. Out of sight out of mind right.

I climbed into bed staring at the darkness until it took over and I had given in to sleep.

---------

I woke up the next morning due to banging at my front door.

"Leah!" "come on Leah talk to me please!" "Im sorry okay I shouldn't have done that, please open the door and let me explain," JJ said pleading for me to let him in.

I rolled out of bed grabbing my plain black swimsuit and putting it on. Grabbing a towel from the hallway cupboard and slowly sneak my way out the back door and down to the shed.

I drop my towel inside the shed on the bench and grab my board form where it stands at the back of the shed. I stick my head out of the shed doorway making sure JJ hasn't tried to come around the back and bang on my window instead. Lucky for me he was nowhere to be seen so I quickly made my way down to the beach.

I ran into the freezing seawater letting the crashing of the waves down at my legs wake me up. Jumping on my board and paddling out to sea. The waves weren't the best for surfing to small to really get any momentum. So I was just mostly laying on my board resting my arms in the water.

I was always so peaceful out on the water, allowing me to block out the world around me and see things in a clearer light. What JJ did was wrong, but he's still my best friend and i.... I love him. Wow, I love JJ! I can't believe it im in love with my best friend.

However, I need to push my feelings away. Move on and forget about the kiss, start as if it never happened. JJ said it himself, deny deny deny right. So that's what im going to do. I sat up or my surfboard looking towards horizon looking to see if a decent wave may be forming but nothing. I turned around getting ready to head back home when I saw JJ sitting on the sand staring at me.

I paddled towards where he was sitting, knowing we had to talk about it a little so that things could go back to normal.

JJ stayed sitting as I approached him just watching me lay my board down and sit next to him.

"Leah i.." I put my hand up telling him to sshh.

"Look it was a mistake I get it, we can put it behind us and act as tho it never happened, you are my best friend JJ, I love you just like I love Kie, Pope, and John B. so let's not talk about it and go back to how it was before." I didn't look at him, knowing that seeing his face would make me change my mind. This was for the best, he can forget his mistake which he regrets and I can push and destroy my feelings and our friendship can survive.

"Leah I dont.."

"JJ I'm serious this is it, it's forgotten." I stood up grabbing my board and headed back up the path. JJ was right behind me not saying anything. Well, this definitely wasn't normal.

After placing my board away and wrapping the towel around me like a dress I saw the hose lying in a pile near the house giving me the best idea.

"Want something to eat?" I asked looking towards JJ "there is still the food mom brought home," I said walking towards where the hose was laying.

"Yeah, um sure," JJ said slowly walking behind me.

All of a sudden I took off in a sprint towards the hose, JJ stopped in his tracks giving me a what the hell look which soon changed to an oh no you don't look when he realized what I was running towards.

JJ was now running after me catching up fast. I reached the hose 2 seconds before JJ made it. I turned, holding the hose up towards JJ pulling the leaver making what I imaged to be freezing cold water to spray all over him. His hair was completely drenched and his shirt clung to his body the outline of his abs now highly noticeable. Maybe this wasn't the best idea.

JJ launched towards me pulling the hose from my hands and turning it on me spraying water on the top of my head causing the water to run down my back making me seek.

"JJ stop !" "argh it frezzing"

"Not until you say sorry, " JJ said running after me spraying me still as I tried to find cover.

"Never!!" I yelled back to him running full speed around my back yard, my towel has now fallen off and is probably covered in mud.

JJ continued chasing me eventually catching me and tackling me to the ground. The hose now loose and spraying water over both of us.

JJ was laying on top of me looking into my eyes. Both of us still not moving, my breath was begging to quicken and my heart was pounding which im sure he could feel. All Of a sudden JJ started leaning in slowly stopping an inch from my lips as if he was waiting for me to say it was okay. "JJ" I started but was cut off. "It wasn't a mistake," JJ said, smashing his lips onto mine.