Gone To Shit

Mulai dari awal

Ruby: Well, I bet we'll all be jealous when you do.

Ren continues meditating, deep in a state where he has blocked out everyone around him. There is a ringing sound, followed by the sound of the training room door opening, and Ren opens his eyes and looks toward the door.

Ironwood: Clover wasn't kidding. You're really giving this your all.

Oscar and Ren stand up.

Ruby: Well, we have to with the way things are going.

Ironwood takes out his Scroll, which projects a screen depicting the live election results. Currently, Jacques has 30% of the vote, while Robyn has 70%.

Ironwood: They're not going well, are they?

Y/N: Better Robyn than Jacques Schnee.

Y/N rests his arm on Yang's shoulder, taking her by surprise.

Ironwood: Oh, I suppose so. Either way, this election doesn't bode well for our stability.

Ruby: It could be a chance to work with Robyn and get Mantle on your side.

Ironwood: (putting his Scroll away) The likelihood of that working--

Pyrrha: She's right, you have to do something about Mantle. If you could get Robyn to trust you...

Jaune: I bet if you opened up to her she'd understand that you're being framed.

Ironwood: (sighs) Perhaps... but it will only work if she's open too.

Nora starts to say something, but Ren steps forward and interrupts her, earning a look from both her and Jaune.

Ren: I take it you're here for new mission assignments?

Clover: You could say that. The General and I want you to take the rest of the day to recuperate.

Blake: You're giving us a night off?

Ironwood: Ordering it. After tonight's election, we'll be waking up to a very different Atlas tomorrow. I need you rested and ready for whatever that may bring.

Ruby starts thinking to herself, looking uncertain.

At sunset that day, Team RWBY is in their dorm room. Blake is sitting at one of the small desks with a mirror in front of her, while Ruby and Yang are lying on beds, and Weiss is leaning against the ladder between the bunk beds. Weiss has a live report from the Daily Mantle playing on her Scroll. While Blake puts on mascara, Yang looks over at her.

Newscaster: We still have hours ahead of us, but as votes come in, it looks more and more certain that Robyn Hill will fill the open council seat.

Weiss closes her Scroll and walks across the room.

Weiss: There's no way my father could've thought layoffs would do anything but hurt him. So why announce this the day before the election?

Yang: Just seems like a power play that backfired to me. Won't matter in a few hours though.

Yang stands up, stretches and walks over to Blake.

Ruby: Where are you guys going?

Blake adjusts her hair, and Yang rests her hand on Blake's back, leans down and adjusts her own hair while looking in the mirror.

Blake: Team FNKI invited us out dancing. Yang and I thought it would be good to get our minds off the election.

Ruby: I thought you said Team FNKI was annoying.

Yang straightens up.

Yang: That's the best part about dance clubs. (whispers, pointing to her ears) I can't hear you.