Charges

Skylar

"I can't believe him! He's such a dickhead, how could he have lied to me all this time?" Paige's voice bounces around my apartment, creating a ringing in my ears to reappear from a early head injury. "Why would he have done this to me, Sky? What did I do to deserve this?"

"You didn't do anything Paige, you know that it wasn't your fault. If anything it's mine, I told Niall to tell Harry that he must have told you by the time he was supposed to leave for the US." I mumble, slowly letting my voice get higher until my throat starts to sting from the force of my words. Paige looks at me, startled. I have never been known to raise my voice, I'm usually silently angry, I won't say anything until you ask.

"I should've believed you. I should've paid more attention to what you'd been up to these last few days." Paige growls lowly, but her voices breaks last minute causing a few stray tears to starts leaking down her cheeks. Unwillingly I feel tears sting at my eyes, a habit of crying when someone else cries being re-found.

"Stop it, Paige." I sob, clutching her in a tight hug. For a few moments we stay in each other's arms, hugging tightly to relieve stress from our muscles.

"I just wish I could hit him." I murmur and Paige laughs, breaking our embrace and wiping her eyes. My eyes widen slightly in a lightbulb moment kind of way, Paige looks at me expectantly and I rip out my phone from my hoodie pocket. I log into twitter and see what I was dreading, I drag Paige by the hand and push her into my car. I jump into the drivers side and pull out immediately, speeding down the road and probably causing myself to get a few speeding tickets.

---------

I pull hastily into the airport car pack, racing through the electronic doors and rushing through the disgruntled flyers and their family's. Screams catch my eye and I dart through the crowd, a hesitant and confused Paige being dragged behind me.

"Harry! Shit, god dammit! Niall, stop!" I yell at the top of my lungs, trying to be heard over the screaming teenage girls, I groan as they dint hear me and begin pushing my way through the crying hormonal messes that I call my fellow females.

"Niall! For f***s sake!" The curse word sends everyone into a stunned silence and Niall searches the crowd, I shoot my hand in the air and wave vigorously. Niall stops the security guard and sends the guard in for us and soon I am pulled free from the crowd with a nervous Paige lingering on the edge.

"Harry, I believe I owe you something from my dear friend." I spit, storming up to the wide eyed mop haired boy. I manage to gain enough force for my hand to crack as my fist connects to his jaw and a riot to begin. Outraged fans scream and lunge forwards, reaching out for me as I am dragged away from a shocked Harry and guilty looking Niall. The rest of One Direction gape, opening and closing their mouths like gold fish.

I catch Paige's eye and I'm met with a mixture of surprise and admiration but that's all I manage to see before I'm dragged into a security room and locked up.

------------

When I'm thrown into the small cell I'm met with the familiar eyes of Loretta, the girl that somehow manages to always be in the community jail near my house. Her wild mane of candy floss pink hair is hair sprayed a good five inches above her head and gum is being chewed loosely in her mouth.

I'm not surprised that I ended up here, after being questioned but the airport security they sent me to the usual guys because they could get a word out of me. Poor buggers, the thought they'd get away with me actually talking.

"Hey Lor!" I greet cheerfully, extending my not broken fist in her direction for a fist bump. She grins and bumps it, handing a stick of gum to me which I graciously accept. After being sent to the station I was checked out by a doctor for my hand and was given disgusting tasting meds for the pain.

"What happened to you?" Loretta asks, her strong Texan twang showing though. I sigh and begin retelling the story from when I kissed Niall to when I was checked out by the doctor and he plastered my from my elbow to the tips of my fingers.

"Rough." She admits after I finish, I nod in agreement and splay myself across the hard metal bed attached to the wall. "Hey, there's a guy and Paige trying to get your attention, doll."

"What?" I ask, sitting bolt upright and looking over to the desk outside the metal bars. There I see Niall looking excitedly at everything around him and a disappointed but smiling Paige, looking at me. I slowly stand up looking around cautiously for a policeman to come marching up and demand they leave.

"Hey?" I say and it sounds more like a question than a statement. But I know something's wrong because a grim look passes over Paige's face and one of sheer bad news is now stuck on Niall's.

"He's pressing charges."