Chapter Forty Nine

Começar do início

"What are you doing tonight?" Wendy asks me. 

"Homework," I mutter. "I'm a month behind on everything."

She flinches. "Ouch."

"You?"

"I was cleared to finally see people besides you, so I'm finally going to go visit Josh."

"Josh's your boyfriend, right?" I ask while using a towel to wipe my face.

She nods and her face glows with happiness. "Yup! Come on, I'll drop you off!"

We pack up our stuff and leave. It's nearing April - spring - but the snow looks as though it's here to stay. Apparently there's to be a snowstorm this weekend.

"So," Wendy starts a conversation once the heater's turned on in the car. "Are you going to Alexander's birthday party that Kylie is throwing?"

I raise an eyebrow. "Considering I didn't even know it was his birthday, much less that he was having a party, I don't think I'm invited."

"Of course you are!" She exclaims. "You're his fake fiancee and your father is sending you anyways."

"I hate parties."

"That was before you met me," she winks. "Besides, I think your father is planning to have a real engagement between our gangs if this plan goes in favor of us."

"What?" I screech bewildered. "Alexander and I, actually getting married?"

"Well, that's what your father was hinting at, I could be wrong."

What I'm planning just turned a tad bit more complicated . . . .

Alexander's POV

"I still don't see the point of this."

"Well little bro," Alec slings his arm over my shoulder. "This is more for business than celebration. Plus, it's your engagement party as well. All in all, we're killing three birds with one stone!"

"But why today?" I whine. "I have not been in the mood to celebrate for the past four years, what makes you think I'll want to celebrate this year?"

"The fact that the survivorship of our alliance all depends on your agreement and willingness to this plan. If you want, don't think about it as a celebration for your birthday, rather for the union of enemies. A celebration for a splinter disappearing from our side!"

"That doesn't make it any better. Why did it have to be today, of all days?"

"Just stop your complaining. This is happening, whether you like it or not!" Kylie snaps at me. "Go get dressed, and take a shower while you're at it! You heard your mother, you kill Amy, she'll kill you! If your stench is any indication, you'll kill half the guests before they enter the party!"

After flipping her off, I showered and got dressed. Since this was more formal than the average birthday party, I ended up wearing black dress pants with a white button up shirt. I rolled the sleeves up to below my elbows and left the collar up, with the first button undone at the top of my neck.

When I exited the room, there was half an hour still left before people actually started to show up - the party technically started half an hour ago.

My mother was waiting for me in the ballroom that came with the mansion. She smiles broadly and lets out a low whistle when she spots me. "I knew it! I knew I gave birth to two men!"

"Well, I don't know for sure if you gave birth to two, but you got one, that's for sure!" I grin before enveloping her in a hug.

"Smooth bro, real smooth," Alex knocks me upside the head when he enters the ballroom.