∞∞∞∞∞∞

I decided to walk to work with George that morning. I did not want to sit in a car with Meredith, I know she would be all smug and ask for details that I was not willing to give her. We got bagels and coffee on our way and I was stuffing my face as we walked.

"Wow, hungry?" George asks me laughing that I had already finished half my bagel when we had just left the store.

"More like hungover." I croak as I take a sip of my hot coffee.

"Yeah, well, that's what happens when you get drunk." He explains as I roll my eyes.

"This wasn't my intention."

"It kinda was though. Don't you remember, I'm going to get really drunk and have sex because you only live once." He does a very bad impression of me and I almost choke on my bagel. "It was inspiring, really." He teases me while laughing and I nudge him with my shoulder.

"Shut up." I laugh when all of a sudden I hear a splat and look over at George to see that a bird pooped all over his bagel. I scrunch my nose in disgust as he yells, dropping the bagel.

"Ah crap!" He exclaims and I can't help but laugh when the pigeon that pooped on the bagel comes flying down and starts pecking at it.

"That's disgusting," I say as we start walking again, George looking very disappointed. We only take about two steps before I hear a massive thud from behind us. I turn to see a man lying on the ground having just fallen from the building beside us. "Holy crap," I say as George and I look at each other. We were seconds away from being flattened by that man. The world works in mysterious and sometimes gross, poopy ways.

We called the hospital and an ambulance came which brought us and the man to Seattle Grace. When we get there, Bailey is waiting by the entrance and helps us bring him to a trauma room where we start to treat him.

"Window washer fell from fifth-floor scaffolding, obvious open TIB/FIB fracture, but otherwise, okay." Bailey recaps as the first responders lift him from the stretcher to the gurney.

"Equal breath sounds!" George explains, startling me. "After a five-story fall, he's got equal breath sounds! It's unbelievable. Do you want to hear?" He turns to me and I shake my head with an amused smile.

"Yang, get in there and palpate his abdomen," Bailey says to Cristina when she walks into the trauma room.

"Does this hurt anywhere?" She asks him as she touches his abdomen.

"No." He mutters.

"You fell from the sky, five stories, and you only injured your leg." George keeps talking and I nudge him slightly.

"George," I say under my breath.

"Don't George me! A few seconds earlier he would have landed on us. How are you not freaking out?" He says and I scrunch my brow in confusion.

"I don't know, 'cause it's not a big deal," I say moving to trade places with George.

"Not a big deal! We could've died!" He exclaims a little too loud.

"I think you're being a little dramatic," I say before putting my hands under the man. "Rolling on three," I say looking at Cristina and she nods before counting for me. Once he's on his side we look at his back to see feathers scattered. He landed on the freaking bird.

"My life was saved by that pigeon," George mutters and I roll my eyes.

"Let's get some x-rays and after that, you might wanna get in there and look for the rest of tweety," Bailey says unimpressed looking at the deceased bird. I watch as George sadly picks up and looks at one of the feathers.