"You know I love you, right?" Sirius says softly.

"You know I love you more, right?" Remus finishes.

Remus leans down, pressing his lips to Sirius'; they fit like they were made for each other. Although the kiss is gentle, a passion burns inside. It's sweeter than strawberry ice cream dripping onto the pavement underneath the scorching summer sun. It's lovelier than the red roses growing on the pathway to the lake. It's pure. A heavenly bliss that only they can enjoy.

Remus rests his forehead against Sirius'. Again, he tells him, "I love you." It's a whisper that comes out as naturally as breathing. Remus never tired of saying those words.

Back in the house, Peter and James have already devoured over half of their meal and began making their way through the rest of the side dishes. Remus is last to take his seat, slapping away Peter's wandering hand from his plate. At the head of the table is Mrs. Potter, watching the boys with an amused look. On the other end is Mr. Potter. He's stoic but exudes a kindness. James is their pride a joy, and they were more than accepting of all of his friends.

"Are you boys excited to go back to school soon?" Mr. Potter asks.

They answer at the same time with mouthfuls of food. There's a jumble of words that nobody can quite make out into a proper sentence. Something along the lines of: Minerva, Lily, house elves, and advanced potions.

"Boys!" Mrs. Potter announces. All four sit up straight, chewing viciously fast with their mouths closed. She nods her head with approval. "Thank you. Now Remus, why don't you go first."

After dinner and the assembly line to do the dishes, enforced by Mrs. Potter of course, the boys find themselves snuggled up by the campfire. Peter lays on a hammock, cocooned in a large blanket, with James on a hammock only a few feet above him. Sirius and Remus sit together on the ground, sharing one blanket that barely covered their legs.

The logs crackle in the heat of the fire, emitting a large flurry of sparks. The smoke drifts upwards before disappearing into the night while James' patronus galavants around the fire, leaving a faded trail of wispy blue fog.

Peter is the first to speak. His eyes are fixated on the night sky which is littered with thousands of twinkling stars. "You know, I'm kind of scared to go back to school," he admits.

Sirius lifts his head from Remus' shoulder curiously. "How come?" he asks.

"Aren't you guys, I dunno, nervous? It's our last year together before the real world."

James shrugs, waving his wand around aimlessly. "We'll always have each other mate," he says comfortingly. "Just think of it as the start of a new adventure."

"I just don't want anything to change. I like it how it is."

Remus purses his lips, running his hand down Sirius' arm. "Change is scary..." he admits. "But you need it to grow. It's scary out there and we just have to accept the inevitable. Maybe we won't be at Hogwarts forever, but it will always be home to us."

"Alright boys," James says sitting up. His feet dangle over the end of his hammock and Peter can see the hole in his left sock. "We all say one thing we want in the new year and leave it here at the fire to remember the best summer of our lives. I'll go first." He runs a hand through his hair in thought. "I want Lily -"

Sirius snorts.

"Oi I didn't finish!" James rolls his eyes before continuing. "I want Lily to see me for who I really am, being Head Boy this year, I can show her how much I've changed from the git I was back in fifth year." There's silence, but the statement is acknowledged. "Okay...Peter?"

"I want to propose to Mary after we graduate," Peter says, shocking everyone.

"Propose?" Remus repeats.

"I think she's the one." Peter looks at his hands in embarassment. "I dunno I guess it's stupid."

"No, no," Sirius argues. "It's brilliant! A wedding after Hogwarts...reckon the world will need some happiness." He takes a deep breath before speaking again. "I want to be there for Regulus. I know he's probably way too deep into this, but he isn't a bad kid. He just...needs to know that someone is still there for him."

"I guess it's my turn now," Remus says quietly. "I...don't know. I'm so happy with life right now. I can't even imagine anything to make this any better. I suppose that if anything, I want to make this the best year we've ever had at Hogwarts."

James claps his hands together excitedly. "Atta boy Moony! Cheers boys." He holds up his drink. "To our last year at Hogwarts."

The others hold up their cups, thankful for their last night all together.

The night grows darker as the fire dies down to a glow. Remus holds a dozing Sirius in his arms, taking in his surroundings. Peter and James are both passed out, snoring in synch. He stares up at the crescent moon hanging high in the sky. No matter what, Remus knew that all of the memories they made together would be remembered in his heart forever.

*

*

*

A/N: It's back!! I wrote No Control a year ago! Seems so surreal to me with all the love it got. Well here it is, the sequel! I've got lots of fun things up my sleeves with the return of our favorite characters and maybe some not so favorite ones... Hope you enjoy! -G