Chapter Three

Dedicated to KatIsWholocked because it's her birthday! 

p.s i'm not really editing as i write so i apologize for any mistakes :)

-

              ❝We don't even ask happiness, just a little less pain.❞  Charles Bukowski

                             CHAPTER THREE. Some Alluring, Deadly Beings.

She didn't sleep well the following three nights. But it was usual, Ivory had always had problems to be able to fall asleep as peacefully and long as anyone normally would. It never bothered her enough to want to do something about it though.

But she had forgotten to draw the curtains of her balcony door the night before, letting the unforgiving, terrible summer sun hit her tired eyes. She groaned, rubbing her eyes. The small fan in her room had taken a habit of shutting off in the middle of the night, but Ivory was always too lazy to stand up and turn it back on. Always had to pay the price in the morning though. Thus she was now  sweating like a pig, and adding to her irritating torture, her hair stuck to her face and the blankets to her skin, making her want nothing but a cold shower at the moment.

Stupid fan.

She groaned again and swung her legs over the bed to stand up. This was just like any other ordinary day of her life; wake up, take a shower, eat and work later.

The desire for some kind of exciting thrill in her life did not reach her even though it was quite tempting to have some change in all her predictable days.

She sighed.

The thought of going to college always reached for her grasp though. But Ivory knew she would be too overwhelmed to focus enough to want to keep studying. She knew she wouldn't handle the stress as much as she would like to. Though college was not all stress, she knew the year before had ruined her enough to want some peace in this one.

Ivory grabbed her phone from the drawer. 9:30a.m.

Feeling quite disgusted with the continuous sweat dripping from her body, she didn't waste time and quickly stripped from her sweaty pajama shorts and tank top, grabbing a towel and walking into the bathroom. Ivory quickly brushed her teeth and after being done, proceeded to step into the shower.

She let the freezing water pound on her back with no hesitation. It caused her to flinch slightly but she didn't mind and let the cold water cool off her burning, sweaty body.

After the long, cold shower, Ivory quickly got dressed into a pair of dark jeans and white tank top, putting her phone in her pocket and going down the stairs and into the kitchen.

Ivory frowned upon not seeing her parents here; they usually woke up first. And now that she looked around, the house was disturbingly quiet. Ivory shook her head. Stop being paranoid. She told herself sternly, quietly taking a bowl and a box of cereal, placing them on the table. But when she headed towards the fridge, something caught her eye.

It was a note with her mother's scribbling in it.

Your father and I had to run. We'll be back at 9 p.m. Behave. Oh and take her.

Take her? Ivory frowned, not understanding but  snatched the little, bright sticky note from the fridge, opening the refrigerator and grabbing a small gallon of milk.

"Rawr!"