Prologue

PROLOGUE.

                ❝She took a step and didn't want to take any more, but she did.❞

                                        The beginning of the end.

                                         Hundreds of years ago.

The penetrating smell of burnt rubber and men hung heavily in the ample room, making the minutes go by slower than they should. It was upsetting, but no one seemed bothered by it. They never were, the smell had already made itself at home.

But it had always bothered Roman.

"A man bathed in ignorance and ego can only see so much. Your actions were reckless, my friend. I knew you were rotten with pride and and self-admiration, but not enough to do such thoughtless thing," the powerful man shook his head, disappointed, his eyes flashing to a brighter green as fury built up inside him. "You knew she was my soul mate, yet you didn't care. Because that's you, Roman, you don't care. You show no sympathy to those around you and your ability to show remorse is below anyone's understanding," the man clenched his fists, looking straight at the man standing in front of him with flaming, pained eyes.

Roman roughly ran a hand through his hair, waiting for the inevitable. Alpha Lucas' words sank in his head like a heavy rock, but he couldn't bring himself to care enough to let them affect him as he remained unbelievably collected and calm. He still couldn't understand why Lucas was so angry though, the crazy chick was dumb enough to attack while he ate.

No werewolf should attack another werewolf, under any circumstances, while one of them fed, that was like signing up for suicide and she did just that.  But there was no point in explaining Lucas, or anyone, because truthfully, he had been awfully wrong in ripping her throat apart and dismembering her without any mercy.

Lucas' men were all standing behind Roman as he waited for his punishment in the presence of the Moon. All dressed roughly but powerfully. Lucas stood tall as he stood a fair distance away from Roman. His blonde hair was pushed back neatly, sharpening his strong features and making his horrific, green eyes stand out spontaneously. Of course, no one could see the Moon, but she was there. She was amongst them. She was in Lucas' head and conscience, telling him Roman's punishment.

Lucas' eyes seemed to reluctantly burn with tears as he said, "We know you've found her--lovely time to, isn't it?" he smiled terrifyingly. The beautiful leader was really hurt by his soul mate's death as he seemed to slightly struggle to remain strong. Roman had to admit though, he didn't fully know the girl had been his soul mate, which added to his ignorance, because she came from the opposite sides of the woods, where rogues usually roamed. Yet that still wasn't an excuse to justify what he did.

But Roman's eyes quickly snapped to a stormy color and his heart began to pulse hard against his chest at Lucas' revelation as his body also became horribly stiff.

He knows.

He knows.

Not feeling the calmness that he previously felt, imploding anger quickly roared inside of him as images of her flashed across his eyes. He had just met her, but she already meant the world to him and more. He knew he meant the same to her too.

She had showed him.

She was human, but he did not care. There was no denial that he cared very little for humans--they all did. Humans were weak and caused a lot of problems. For all he knew, they could all die and he wouldn't give one single damn. It wasn't that he hated them, they just meant little to nothing to him--like most people. But not her, never her.