"When did he get here?" I asked Micah, who still look stressed out beyond belief.

"About forty-five minutes ago?" Micah guessed, slightly lifting his shoulder.

Ian stood quietly behind me with his arms crossed over his chest, eyeing Landon as he glared at me.

"I'm sorry I called you—" Micah started.

"You called him?" Landon questioned loudly, shifting his glare to Micah.

"You were right here when I did," Micah reminded him.

I had seen Landon drunk many times, but never like this. He had always been a reckless drunk, but now he looked overly emotional and unhinged.

"He makes everything worse!" Landon exclaimed, gesturing toward me. "He's the reason I'm like this!"

"Landon just go to sleep," I pleaded, wanting nothing more than to be able to go back home.

"I can't sleep here! I leave tomorrow!"

His words caused the color to drain from my face and a sinking feeling in my stomach as dread consumed me. Dread that we had been too late to protect him.

"Stay here," I commanded in a low tone. "Don't go home tomorrow, just stay here."

Landon laughed, tears streaking down his face but not from the laughter. His tears were sad while he laughed like he was mocking me.

"They'll come get me," he said, a broken look in his eyes. "They won't even let me pack my things. My parents just want to mail them to me to get me out of here as soon as possible."

His words were slow and slurred together, sadness sneaking its way into his tone.

"Just stay with me, Landon," Micah cut in with a look of concern. "We won't let them take you."

Landon laughed again. "You guys are acting like it's just so easy. Not all of us have parents and a hot as fuck boyfriend keeping them here."

I would've smiled at his remark about Fox if he didn't look so broken.

"There is nothing keeping me here," Landon continued, his voice softer.

He looked as if he was contemplating for a moment, looking down at the floor before he brought his eyes back up.

"And who says I want to stay here?" Landon asked, looking around at us. "Maybe I want to go and do this program and get better."

By the way his face drooped, I could tell even he didn't believe his words. Landon may have had a lot of internalized homophobia to work through, but he still didn't truly believe the lies his parents had fed him about his sexuality.

"You don't mean that," I mumbled sadly.

Landon looked down at the floor, his eyes becoming heavy. The tiredness on his face wasn't just from his need for sleep, but from having to put up with what he was going through.

He didn't say anything as he sat down on the floor, putting his head in his hands. Micah and I shared looks of bewilderment. Landon had never been one to show any type of weakness, but he was unraveling in front of us.

Micah cleared his throat, going over to Landon and kneeling down beside him, placing a comforting hand on his back.

"Let me take you to the guest room," Micah said in a low voice.

Landon didn't move as Micah gestured for me to help him get him up. He allowed us to bring him to his feet and lead him into the guest room upstairs while Ian stayed at the foot of the stairs.