Chapter 8: Keep Dreaming

Start from the beginning

"So... what does this mean about us?" I asked nervously.

"Well, this will explain it" Devon said smiling.

Devon leaned in and kissed me. I missed his kisses so much. I cupped his cheeks and kissed him back, with his light stubble tickling my face. We pulled apart, and his arms were still around my waist.

"I love you so much, Devon" I said smiling.

"I love you too, Kai" Devon said smiling.

I giggled and kissed Devon again.

Julian's POV

I just got back after doing another assignment for Professor Jacobs' stubborn ass, and Kai just came out of his room, with Devon behind him.

"Oh, hey Julian!" Devon said smiling.

"Hey" Kai said sheepishly.

"Hey, Devon. Hey Kai" I said smiling.

Devon turned back to Kai.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" Devon asked smiling.

"Yeah. See you!" Kai said smiling.

They kissed before Devon left and said his goodbyes.

"So, uh... you and Devon are back together?" I asked.

"Yeah. He wanted to work things out, and it's pretty good. Speaking of, can I talk to you?" Kai asked frowning.

I thought about it for a second, but I decided I should because I don't think I can hold a grudge that long kinda like TJ.

"Yeah, sure" I said.

He led me upstairs and we stood by the balcony railing.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Look, I just want to say... I'm sorry about everything I caused you—" Kai said frowning before I interrupted him.

"As you should be" I said.

"...Okay, I deserved that. And I wanted to explain why it happened" Kai said frowning.

"Please do" I said.

"When I met Devon before the winter formal, it was like, love at first sight. Kinda exactly like when I first met you." Kai said frowning.

I looked over the balcony frowning as I started to feel bad and looked back over to Kai.

"And when we started dating, it felt like you were there. I liked you so much" Kai said frowning.

I took a deep breath.

"So I had feelings for you still because everything Devon and I went through, was exactly like what we went through. I really am sorry about everything" Kai said frowning.

"Aww, Kai. I had no idea. I should apologize to you too" I said frowning.

"For what?" Kai asked.

"For being such a jerk. I had no idea. I'm sorry, Kai... is everything okay between us now?" I asked sheepishly.

"Yeah, we're all good" Kai said smiling.

I hugged Kai.

"Good, cause I didn't want to admit it, but I missed you so much" I said smiling.

"Aww, thanks! But we live in the same room!" Kai said laughing.

"I know, but I was trying to avoid you just in case" I said smiling.

We both laughed and hugged. Then we went downstairs.

"Hey, Kai" I said.

"Yeah?" Kai asked.