Chapter 6: Love Lost

Recap...

Julian got a job to stay on campus. Kai and Devon shared an intimate moment, which ended in flames, and they decided to take a break. Julian got his first assignment and it was already very stressful. Him and his friends stayed up all night to finish it with him. Then the next morning, TJ caught Kai and Julian kissing, which caused Julian and TJ to fall out. Because of that, Julian and Kai also fell out... will Kai ever be forgiven, or will he be lost forever?...

Friday Afternoon...

Kai's POV

So earlier this week, I've lost my special someone, and a friend, and I feel so bad with my stupid decisions, and I miss my hubby...

I decided to watch TV, to try and get out of the darkness, but nothing is working. The good thing was, is that I'm the only one here. Well, that was until Julian walked in. But since we're alone, maybe I could try to talk to him.

"Hey, Julian" I said sheepishly.

Julian continued on, acting like I didn't exist.

"Julian..." I said frowning.

Julian looked around, confused.

"Hmph. I must be hearing things..." Julian said apathetically.

Julian grabbed a drink from the fridge, and went upstairs to do some of his homework he got today.

"Looks like he's still mad" I said frowning.

I decided to try and text Devon.

Kai
Hey, Devon... just checking in.
How are you?
Sent 2:33 pm

So... Devon hasn't seen or responded to my text, and I just want him to talk to me. I feel so bad, and I want everything back to normal.

Monday afternoon...

I went to my calculus class, but I was very distracted as I went through.

"And that's how you find the equation of the line tangent. Kai! Can you find the equation of the line tangent to f(x)= x^2 at x=2?" Professor Schultz asked.

"Huh? Oh um... it's uh..." I said frowning.

"Were you paying attention, Kai?" Professor Schultz asked.

"Honestly, no" I said frowning.

"I'd like to talk to you after class" Professor Schultz said.

I buried my face in my hands and she started to dismiss the class.

"Alright, everyone! I'll be expecting your homework, in class on Wednesday afternoon. Thanks!" Professor Schultz said smiling.

Natalie and I packed up, and since the professor wanted to talk to me, she waited outside for me.

"I'll wait out here for you" Natalie said smiling.

"Okay" I said.

I went to talk to Professor Schultz.

"Kai. Is everything alright? You used to do so well in my class and now I'm not seeing you much" Professor Schultz asked full of worry.

"I'm sorry. I'm just going through a really tough time right now mentally" I said frowning.

"I understand. Have you thought about discussing your problems with someone?" Professor Schultz asked.