Chapter 2: Dates and Disasters

(Devon in media)

Recap...

Julian and all his roommates arrive back to campus to start their spring semester and there's already shocking news to start off, as Brendan finds out that his girlfriend Jazmine is pregnant. Maybe this is the last of the drama... or is it?

Friday Afternoon...

Kai's POV

It's Friday and I have plans to hang out with Devon today! I think this movie night is gonna be so fun! Since he's coming around 7:30 and it's 3:00 right now, I have plenty of time to chill and do some homework, so I decided to head to Starbucks, then to the library with Natalie since we're in the same math class. We're working on calculus homework.

"Okay, so... we need to find the derivative of f(x)=6x^3-9x+4... I don't get it..." Natalie said as she scrunched her face in confusion.

"Ok, so first, we take each factor, and put d/dx in front of x, then we convert the equation to 6 times 3x^2 minus 9 times 1 plus zero. Then you just simplify that to 18x^2-9" I said smiling.

"Ohhhh okay! How do you make it look so easy?" Natalie said smiling.

"What can I say? I love math" I said smiling.

I kept giving Natalie tutorials as we continued doing our homework while taking breaks in between.

About three hours later...

We just finished our calculus homework in the library, and I checked my phone for the time, and my phone told me it was 6:13 pm.

"Woah, it's already past six!" I said.

"Homework is exhausting!" Natalie said.

"Amen to that!" I said laughing.

We exited the library.

"Hey, wanna head to the cafe and grab dinner?" Natalie asked smiling.

"I can't. I'm going out with Devon tonight, so I gotta head back to the room and start getting ready" I said frowning.

"What are you guys doing?" Natalie asked me.

"We're going to an outdoor movie night at Oceanside" I said smiling.

"That sounds cute! Have fun!" Natalie said smiling.

"I will!" I said smiling.

We got back to the room, and we saw Julian and Lauren in the living room.

"Hey guys!" Lauren said smiling.

"Hi!" I said smiling.

"Do you guys want to go grab dinner from the cafe?" Natalie asked smiling.

"Sure! I was gonna meet TJ there anyway" Julian said smiling.

"Let's go!" Lauren said smiling.

Julian and Lauren got up to follow Natalie.

"Kai, you coming?" Julian asked smiling.

"He can't. He's got a date with Devon" Natalie said mischievously.

"What are you guys doing?" Julian asked smiling.

"He's taking me to an outdoor movie night at Oceanside" I said smiling.

"How cute!" Lauren said smiling.

"Guys, he's gotta get ready! Let him have his time!" Natalie said playfully.

"Okay!" Lauren said laughing.

"See you, Kai!" Julian and Natalie said smiling.

"See you later!" I said smiling.