Chapter 5: Tension

Recap...

After Julian found out that he might be leaving campus for good, he made sure he made his last moments on campus the best ever, with his roommates and his boyfriend TJ. Julian was dragged to the park, and had an unforgettable night with TJ. Then Kai and Devon went out on another date, and confessed their feelings towards one another and they became official. Then in the morning, Julian and Lauren went to find a way for Julian to stay on campus, and he found something... but will he last for the time being?

Monday morning...

Julian's POV

So, Lauren just pushed me into this job that could help me stay on campus... great. But I'm grateful because she's always got my back, and she makes me happy, and I found a way to stay on campus. Lauren and I are headed to the office to meet my boss. I have no idea if I should be scared or confident. I walked in with Lauren and I saw another person in the office.

"Oh, hello" The guy said smiling.

"Hello! Are you Professor Jacobs?" I asked smiling.

"I am" The guy said smiling mischievously.

"Hello! I'm Julian! I'm here for the new job?" I said smiling.

"Great! For starters, could you run to Starbucks and grab me a caramel macchiato with a triple-shot of espresso?" The guy asked smiling.

"Of course!" I said smiling.

We then heard another voice yelling.

"Tristan! Get in here and help me find my copy of Hideaway!" The voice yelled.

"Wait, so you're not Professor Jacobs?" I asked angrily.

"Guilty. My name's Tristan. Tristan Henderson" The guy said smiling.

"NOW!!" Professor Jacobs yelled loudly.

"Well, I should get to that" Tristan said smiling.

As Tristan went to another room, something slipped out of his backpack.

"What's this?" Lauren asked as she picked up a stack of papers.

"I think we should give that to Tristan..." I said nervously.

"Not before we read this! Come look!" Lauren whispered smiling.

"Oh come on, Lauren!" I whispered.

"True Love... Ooh, sounds like he's another writer just like you!" Lauren whispered smiling.

A slightly older man comes into the office.

"Who are you? And what do you want?!" Professor Jacobs.

I turned around scared as Lauren hid Tristan's book behind her back.

"Oh, uh... hi! I'm Julian Smith. I believe Mrs. Twombly has notified you about a job I could fill up" I said smiling.

"Ah, yes. Come sit" Professor Jacobs said.

Lauren and I sat down in the two chairs available.

"Hmm... you seem quite irresponsible" Professor Jacobs said.

"Excuse me?!" I yelled angrily.

"And you're entitled? Oh great" Professor Jacobs said angrily.

There was a short silence.

"Well, let's try it. Your first job, I need you to make a copy of my book, Endless Summer. I need it tomorrow morning by eight" Professor Jacobs said.

"Oh, that doesn't seem too bad! I'll scan it and have it in within the next hour!" I said.