Chapter 19 - Assembling the Revengers

Start from the beginning

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?"

Jumping at the surprise arrival of Mia, we sprung apart from each other as if we had just been caught in a full make-out sesh.

She hunched over in laughter, practically wheezing with each intake of breath. "Oh my god, you guys," she breathed out, "I didn't mean to scare you that bad."

Oscar ran a hand through his surfer curls and let out a scoff, "sure, Mia. You've never been one to try and scare people before. Completely out of character for you." He deadpanned.

She stood back up and smiled innocently, "I know, right? Well, Paige, Trevs, and George are outside. Do you want me to go get them?"

I nodded my head, "sure. I'll text Drew to see where he is."

Mia disappeared towards the front door, and Oscar scooted back towards me, slipping his arm around my waist to pull me into his firm side. "Do you think Drew will actually show up?" he asked.

"I know he will. You should have seen how angry he got when I tried to tell him about what Austin did during lunch."

"Well, just so you know. It might be a little awkward for a bit seeing as he was part of the problem the last time."

"I know, but he's changed. He wants to help us, I promise."

"I know you believe that, Lana, but no offense. You weren't here when Austin went after Trevor and George. It was so cruel and toxic they almost had to transferred schools," his forehead crinkled in concern, "I just don't want you to get your hopes up."

"Thanks for looking out for me," I smiled up at him, "but I have a good feeling about bringing Drew into our little group. He's been hurt by Austin, too, you know. Maybe not in the way you guys have, but he was manipulated into doing things he disagreed with for years."

"He could have ditched Austin years ago, though," Oscar noted.

"I get that, but at least he is trying now, right? If people can't have redemption, then what's the point of trying to change and become a better person?"

After a few seconds of thought, Oscar took my face in his hands and kissed my forehead, "you're too good for this world."

I lightly pushed him away, "and don't you forget it," I joked. "Now, why don't you get everyone to go into the basement, and I'll wait outside for Drew."

"Eye-eye captain," with a quick military salute, he left me alone in the kitchen with a lot of thoughts running around in my head. I pulled out my phone and pulled up the text thread between Drew and me.

Lana | 7:03 pm

Hey! Are you on your way yet?

Drew | 7:03 pm

Yeah. Should be there in 5

Lana | 7:04 pm

Great! I'll wait outside for you.

I was pulling up a few weeds out of the flower bed when I heard the roar of an engine barrel down the driveway. A flashy red sports car that I have no idea what it would be called pulled up and parked off to the side near the garage. Drew got out and messed with his hair a little, pulled at his white hoodie, and sulked over to where I was standing.

This was the first time I have seen him in any color other than black and midnight blue. It enhanced his tanned skin, made his dark eyes seem brighter, and even helped lighten his entire appearance. It was nice. Felt friendlier than how I was used to seeing him.

"Hey! Glad you made it," I smiled.

"Yup. Missed your driveway the first time. Sorry, I'm a little late."