Chapter 22 - Questions with Some Answers

"Okay, everyone! This is the last round for tonight's trivia here at Fire of the Gods, so make your answers count!" yelled the host, Patrick.

Mia clapped her hands in front of Oscar's face, "get it together, man! You're the only one here that's actually good at this, and all you've done is get distracted by Lana."

A slight blush appeared on Oscar's cheeks, "sorry, not sorry," he winked at me with a mischievous grin.

"I think we're doing fine this time, Mia. Drew has helped answer all the sports questions, and we've never been able to do that before," Trevor noted. 

Mia rolled her eyes and patted Drew on the back, who's been sitting in silence most of the evening. I know Mia doesn't want to admit it yet, but she's starting to warm up to him. "You're right, you're right," she sighed, "but I want to win at some point and get the freakin gift card," she mumbled. 

Trevor let out a snort, "you're an impossible woman. How do you put up with her?" he asked Paige, who's been trying to hide a smile throughout this entire exchange. She shrugged her shoulders and glanced at Mia, "she's hot?"

"Damn straight I am," Mia smirked at Trevor before leaning over to Paige to kiss her on the cheek. 

"How long have you two been dating?" Brynn motioned between Mia and Paige with her perfectly manicured hand. 

"Almost three weeks now," Mia beamed. "We almost broke up, though, thanks to your ass of a boyfriend," Mia jabbed. 

"Sorry about that," Brynn grimaced, "And for the record, he's not my boyfriend anymore. Austin just doesn't know it yet." 

I kicked Mia in the shin and shot her a pointed look. 

"It's not your fault," Mia admitted with an almost apologetic tone. 

"No, it's not, but it's not like I don't have a laundry list of things I should apologize for," Brynn noted. 

Before the mood at the table could begin to sadden, Patrick interrupted everyone's conversation by clearing his throat into his microphone. "Okay! Here's the first question for the final round. You've heard of a murder of crows and a pod of dolphins... But what's it called when a bunch of Hippos get together?"

Based on the stumped looks on everyone's face, we weren't going to be able to answer this question either. With a pencil poised at the ready to jot down the answer, Mia stared everyone down one by one. "Are you guys kidding me?" she huffed.

"It's not like you are answering it either, Mia," Oscar noted. 

With a grunt, she tossed down her pencil, grabbed her soda, and started to slurp it in frustration.

"Well... do you guys have dresses for homecoming yet?" Brynn segued tactfully. 

I shook my head no and saw Mia and Paige do the same. One of Brynn's perfect eyebrows lifted, "I don't either. Sarah asked me to go shopping with her, but I told her I was busy." 

"Would you want to go with us then?" I asked.

"I would love to go with someone. Find something that will shatter Austin with one look to make sure he knows what he missed out on," she swore, flicking a piece of pepperoni across her plate. 

"Great! We were planning on going to Denver. Although, I'm not sure if I'll be going to homecoming," I said. 

Oscar's head turned to me in surprise, "you're not?"

I shook my head no and smirked, "No one has asked me." 

The one dimple appeared on his cheek, and he let out a small laugh, "well if you give me another hour, I can take care of that. I have plans in place, my Goofball."