Chapter 12 - Neither of you Should be Here

Minho took Thomas to the map room, which he now needed to be made aware of since he was a runner. Meanwhile, Allison was sat with the girl in the Med-hut. There wasn't much to do, since Alby was passed out and there were no other patients, so she decided to re-organise the medicine. Again.

Allison was in the middle of holding three rolls of bandages and two bottles of aspirin when she heard a gasp coming from the girl's bed. She whirled around to find her sitting upright, her crystal blue eyes frantically scanning to room, no familiar sights to be seen.

"Hey, you're gonna be-"

The girl jumped up and grabbed the machete that was on a shelf by her bed. Why the Med-jacks had a machete, she didn't even know. Allison dropped everything and tried to reach for the girl's shirt, but she missed by a hair. The girl was fast too, because she was gone quicker than a candle could blow out.

Allison ran outside and screamed. "THE GIRL'S AWAKE!"

The girl seemed to hesitate before climbing up the Lookout Tower. Allison dashed toward her, but the girl was already up by the time she got there. Clint and Jeff appeared by her side, ready for some kind of instruction. With some thought, she realised there was only one person that this girl would be willing to talk to.

The turned to the other two Med-jacks. "Get Thomas."

~

By the time Thomas and Minho showed up, the girl had begun to throw things off of the Lookout Tower, so everyone was using whatever they could as protection. Allison held a bucket over her head, and prayed that the girl wouldn't think to throw the knife down.

"Leave me alone!" the girl yelled as she threw down what appeared to be a rock.

"Hey! Throw one more of those things and I'll-" the girl threw down an acorn, which landed on Gally's head with perfect timing that made Allison erupt into laughter. Gally shot her a playful glare before finding some sort of protection of his own.

"What's going on?" Thomas yelled over the ruckus.

"I don't think she likes us very much," said Newt, who seemed slightly amused.

"Well, you're not the most pleasant shanks to see when you wake up with no memory of who you are," Allison commented.

"We just wanna talk!" Thomas shouted at the girl.

"I'm warning you!" The girl threw down another rock, causing the Gladers to yelp.

Allison held her bucket over Thomas since he had nothing, but it was also an excuse to be able to get closer to him. "Tell her your name. She'll listen to you."

Thomas's eyes lit up and he immediately thanked her.

He stepped out from the safety of the bucket. "Hey, hey, whoa! It's Thomas! It's Thomas!"

The rain of rocks finally came to a stop once Thomas spoke up. Allison smirked at her own brilliance.

"I'm gonna come up, okay?" The girl didn't say anything. She moved her head out of view, so Thomas took it as an invitation. "Okay, just me."

Gally gave Thomas a borderline horrified look as he began to climb up the Lookout Tower. That was when it suddenly occurred to Allison that she had forgotten one major detail about the new girl.

"Thomas! I forgot to tell you; the girl has a-"

"A knife? Yeah thanks for the heads up, Ali!" Thomas's shaky voice echoed from the top of the Tower.

Allison laughed and took some steps towards Newt, Gally and Frypan, who were all standing together.

"Why do all girls seem to get hold of a knife?" Frypan muttered.