“How’s the soup? I’m not really sure if it’s good or not.” The alpha flushed. 

“I’m not going to lie, I think you added too much salt but aside that, you did well. It’s cooked nicely.” Seokjin smiled at the alpha who lit up at his words. “I’m glad you like it!” 

“I sure did. Seriously, you’re such a great alpha, marry me.” Seokjin laughed, not realizing what he said. Namjoon flushed and silently eat his soup. “Why are you quiet- Ohhhh.” Seokjin blushed and looked away. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it. I was just fooling around.” 

“I know, no need to fret.” Namjoon smiled before it faltered. “I have to ask you permission however.” 

Seokjin turned serious, forgetting about the embarrassing moment beforehand. 

“Permission about?” 

“I need permission to give you a temporary mark.” Namjoon said in a straight face. 

“What?! Why?!” Seokjin exclaimed, face flushing back again. He can’t believe the alpha he’s infatuated with wants to mark him!  And if he could, he would even ask Namjoon if they could mate already!

“I know it’s quite a demand but please understand. It’s for your safety. We’ll come across bandits and evil merchants along the road. Your beauty will certainly make them… Touch you.” The alpha growled. “I don’t want them freely touching you so I have to scent you to prevent them from doing so. Don’t worry, it’ll be only temporary. It will be gone once we arrived at the Jungs’ by then.” 

‘Of course, he doesn’t want to scent me because he’s infatuated with me either. Well it’s quite sweet of him to worry about me and even compliment my looks.’ Seokjin thought. “If you would, then please- scent me.” 

The omega lowered the side of his dress, exposing his shoulder more to the alpha. Namjoon didn’t waste a time in letting his fangs out then biting into the omega’s shoulder. Seokjin wrapped his arms around Namjoon as he buried his face in the alpha’s neck, kissing it. The omega softly moaned as the alpha sucked on the blood and licked the wound before moving away, revealing the dazed look on the omega. 

“Are you alright?” Namjoon asked, worried. 

“Me? Yes, I’m alright. Why wouldn’t I be?” Seokjin asked, hugging the alpha’s arms and nuzzling into it. The moonflower finally lost effect and their scents immediately mixed. 

Seokjin was looking deeply into the alpha’s eyes, leaning in until-

“Give everything you have to us or die!” An alpha bandit exclaimed, grabbing Seokjin and pointing a knife at the omega’s throat. 

Other bandits surrounded them, which Namjoon estimated to be at least ten. The wagon’s entrance is currently blocked by Namjoon so Yoongi would be safe as long as no bandit can get inside. 

‘Why did I mention bandits again? It’s as if they love showing up when mentioned.’ Namjoon sighed as he glared at the alpha holding Seokjin hostage. 

“Pretty omega, looks like a noble but dressed in rags!” One said as he tried to touch Seokjin’s chest but backed away once he smelled Namjoon’s scent. Marking produces a sheild over the omega or sub betas against sexual harassment or touches from other wolves that’s not the one who made the mark. The mark would release a huge wave of the marker’s scent, so that the harasser wouldn’t be able to touch the one marked sexually. 

“Damm them!” The one who tried to touch Seokjin exclaimed. “They’re mated!” 

And as if things just get worse, Yoongi woke up and began screaming when he felt Namjoon and Seokjin’s distress. Felt, not smelled because the two tried their hardest to not release pheromones so that they wouldn’t look weak. 

“They have a babe too!” Another bandit exclaimed, trying to get in but Namjoon kicked his head so hard, it twisted- breaking the bandits neck.

“Well he’s dead.” Namjoon sighed. 

“HOW DARE YOU! I’M GOING TO SLIT YOUR OMEGA’S THROAT!” The bandit exclaimed, alarming Namjoon who was about to run towards them but was stopped when Seokjin released a huge wave of enraged pheromones. 

The bandit loosened his hold in confusion but he managed to wound Seokjin’s neck. 

“NO, HOW DARE YOU RUIN MY NIGHT WITH JOONIE YOU LOW LIFE FILTH!” Seokjin yelled, head-butting his captor then punching him roughly, knocking him out good. “I SPARED WITH JUNGKOOK AND WON ONCE! SO PISS OFF YOU BLOODY LOWLIFE GITS!” 

Namjoon couldn’t help but admire Seokjin as the  omega fought with alpha’s twice his size. But his staring was cut off when he was punched in the gut harshly, sending him flying.  

“BLOODY HELL!” Namjoon exclaimed as he landed a good punch on the bandits nape then tangled his leg on another bandits neck, making himself heavy by reaching for the ground then launching the bandit off to another coming his way with his legs. 

Seokjin is having fun, getting high on the adrenaline as he punched and kicked anything and everything aimlessly. He's just having a bliss, he's as reckless as the bandits. Seokjin had the strength, however he really doesn't know how to fight. He just enjoys attacking. Suddenly, a stinging pain was felt on his abdomen. All he saw is black afterwards.

He turned to Seokjin and saw the omega, lying on the ground with a knife in his stomach. Namjoon froze, panicking internally- only to be brought back to reality with a sick punch to the face. 

“I HATE YOU LOT!” Namjoon exclaimed as he grabbed the bandit’s leg that tried to kick him and launched him to the bandits beside Seokjin. The alpha grabbed a dagger from one bandit and stabbed any limb that came near him. 
He knocked the last bandit out before rushing over to Seokjin in panic. 

He checked Seokjin’s pulse and let out a sigh of relief when he felt the regular beat. The wound must not be deep enough to cause severe damage but the omega did loose quite a lot of blood. Namjoon carried Seokjin over to the wagon and laid him next to Yoongi’s makeshift crib. The baby is crying while wiping his tears away. 

Namjoon paid no mind to his brother and quickly removed the knife before blocking the wound with cloth. Once the bleeding stopped, he stitched the wound then added medicinal herbs over, bandaging the omega before cleaning him up then changing his clothes. 

Of course it was quite awkward for Namjoon but he kept in mind that it’s all work and that he should be very mature about it. The alpha took his and Seokjin’s blooded clothes to the stream and took a bath while washing the clothes. 

When the alpha finished bathing and cleaning the clothes, he got dressed in fresh ones then made a clothing line inside the wagon, just a little bit under the beam. He squeezed the clothes until its only damp and hang it on the line. 

The alpha sighed and kicked Astrid off as he moved the wagon forward. Once he found a secluded area, filled with shrubbery and trees not far from the road, he stopped again and laid beside Seokjin, holding the omega in his sleep.