CHAPTER 11

ZACH’S POV

How do you differentiate between a dream and a reality? Are dreams supposed to be seen only when you are asleep? Or is the reality always bitter? It’s like in a blink of an eye anything can happen.

That’s how I would describe what I am feeling currently. I genuinely thought Anna was enjoying it with us. I could see the glimmer of excitement and hope in her eyes when she held Alaia. And the sight of her holding my daughter is a memory I’ll forever cherish.

But her sudden disappearance had me worried. Is she alright? Does she need any help? What happened to her?

“Zach I am sure everything is alright, Anna looks like she can handle herself and who knows maybe it’s some work thing.” My mom said as she poured some soup in a bowl and pushed me to sit down on a chair.

“I don’t know Mom, it doesn’t seem like her. She never just disappears.” I said, wondering whether or not I should call and ask her.

But most importantly is it my place to say anything? Does she even like me?

Earlier she gave me her phone number so that I could call her whenever I needed her, and her exact words were ‘Call me anytime without any hesitation got it?’ 

So after I had the soup made by Anna and my mom, which was delicious by the way, I looked at Alaia and as if she understood me she gave me one of her cutest smile which assured me that she supported my idea,

“I am gonna call her now.”

So I called her and after the second ring she finally answered,

“Zach.” She said. Her voice makes me feel all giddy and sends shivers down my spine. But right now it sounded like she was in the middle of something important.

“Hello, Zach? Are you still there?” She asked.

Great, now I am making her worried, ugh that wasn’t the plan, I internally groaned.

“Zach you better answer me right now what happened? Are you in some sort of danger? ZACH!” 

“Huh I am right here sorry, I just wanted to ask if you are alright, you suddenly left, did I do something?” I just realized that it might be because of me she left. Maybe she didn’t like my house or she wasn’t comfortable, or oh shit I didn’t even offer her a drink, was she upset because I forgot to bring my car from the repair shop?!

“Zach you are overthinking again babe, I had some work.” Her answer brought me back to reality and I sighed in relief.

“Oh thank God, I thought it was me but- wait did you just call me babe?”

“Matter of fact I did Zach, what are you gonna do about it?” She said, and I blushed and saw my mom give me a wink, and then she picked Alaia from the couch and went to the bedroom, probably to give me privacy. “I can see you blush through the phone Zach.”

Welp didn’t know I was that predictable, I thought.

I heard some noises in the background and I forgot that she was busy. Then I heard a gunshot,

“Whoa Nate that’s a loaded gun, stop showcasing it around and go back to the kitchen, I am coming in a minute!” I heard her say. She was laughing and at that moment I realized that she is perfectly fine.

“Zach you have to see this.” I turn around and look at my mom who is now facing the television and I lower the phone and focus my attention on the news.

“It has now been confirmed that the billionaire CEO of StarX Ltd, Anna Gupta is also the leader of the Roseblood gang, which has secretly been helping the police and several charities and they also provide protection. This story is confirmed as a video was just released on social media, take a look at this exclusive video.” A reporter said.