CHAPTER 5

(ZACH'S HUMBLE ABODE 👆)

ZACH’S POV

In my entire existence, I did not know I could become what people say a blushing mess. Of course, I knew she is beautiful and after all these years and looking at her up close beautiful doesn’t even define her, more like breathtaking.

I knew how rich she was but didn’t realize exactly how much until I saw her bodyguards join her, and her walking away like a queen.

“Zach, should we leave?” I turned around and found Natalie giggling and by the looks of it she is indeed drunk, as usual.

“Are you drunk again Natalie? We discussed this, it's not good for Alaia to see you like this.” I said.

Things didn’t go well for Natalie after high school, she was barely paying attention in college and was partying all the whole time, her dad and I tried to help her but it was like a switch was flipped within her. After college, she was barely making ends meet but in the end, she miraculously got a job when one day she got a call that she was selected to work as an assistant to a famous fashion designer.

I wish I could get the name of that person who helped us, that someone is an angel sent from above. Anyway we were in love but once she got pregnant with our daughter, she didn’t want the baby at first because her career had just started, but we decided to start a family and it wasn’t a simple journey but I regret nothing. Alaia is my redemption.

After we had her, we mutually decided to separate and it's not fair if we keep lying to each other. We both have different goals and that's alright I just wish she could see how she is affecting everyone around her since she started drinking again.

“Calm down Zach I am fine. It's not like Alaia is gonna see me right now when you are around.” Natalie remarked sarcastically.

Before you guys start thinking that I am a bad guy keeping Alaia away from her mother, it isn’t like that. Alaia lives with me and since Natalie started drinking again I decided to let our daughter stay with me and meet her mom whenever Natalie was sober.

“Let's get you back home Natalie, you won't remember any of this as usual” I murmured and, with that I carried her and she wrapped her hands around my neck and snuggled close to me.

“I wish we were still together Zach, I miss you, don’t you miss me?” Natalie drunkenly said.

“I wish you could you see how much you have changed”

After 30 minutes of drunken confessions and angry tantrums thrown at me for taking her daughter away, I dropped Natalie off to her hotel (her choice not mine). I was ready to go back home and snuggle with my daughter and listen to her laugh when I tickled her or she hit me with her cute hands and made a pouty face when I threatened to take away her favorite teddy, Bob.

After parking in my driveway, I enter my house and hang my keys and remove my shoes like a nice person I am most of the times and next I do the most reasonable thing any human being does-

“HONEY I AM HOME!!!!” I shout.

The most reasonable thing a human being does most of the TIME at least, hey don’t knock it till you’ve tried it.

I hear a drop of a plate in the kitchen and then we can all guess what happens-

“ZACHARY SIN KNIGHTLEY! HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU TO NOT DO THAT! YOU WILL GIVE ME A HEART ATTACK! AND YOU ARE WAKE THE BABY”

Hehe I am just like a badass superhero and then I see my mom coming out of the kitchen holding a pan in her hands and it's scary.

The next thing I know she is pulling my ear and like any badass person, I am I start shouting and spitting out words that I am too embarrassed to even mention.

"THANK YOU FOR BABYSITTING ALAIA, MOM" I shout.

And like any 25 years old who is afraid of their mom and values their life, I started running to my room where my daughter is currently sleeping I hope, I am not ready for the day when I come back home and find my daughter sneaking a guy inside her room, ugh definitely not ready for that.

Do you know how Patrick Jane once or twice said that there is no such thing as psychics? Well, I completely disagree, because the moment I enter my room oh sorry our room because my daughter hates when I use the term my these days, and prefers we share everything and it's not like I am scared of my daughter or anything, I hope so.

Anyway, my daughter is psychic because every time I enter our room, she wakes up and looks straight into my eyes as if trying to ask me why I came so late and disturbed her sleep.   

“Hey cutie pie, oh my lovely munchkin, my darling baby, how are you angel?” I ask her very softly to not further angry her. Nothing is worse than seeing your three month old baby looking at you angrily.

If I didn’t know any better, my baby must be cursing in her little brain.

“Okay baby I am so sorry to disturb your sleep but dada needs to snuggle with you and take some rest, tomorrow’s a big day, I am going to meet someone really special and hopefully I won’t act like a baby and instead be a big boy.”

And then I didn’t see a hand hitting me on my face and when I look at the culprit I find her sleeping. Guess she values sleep more than me but not that I mind, she is definitely my daughter.

Tucking her in like a burrito I make my way out of the bed and change out of my suit and into my Spiderman pajamas.

I check my phone and answer all the work emails and all my friends already know about my promotion, which reminds me why Anna requested me to meet her tomorrow.

I hope I am not in any trouble, oh shit what if she found out about my secret candy stash which I don’t share and someone complained to her. Wait no that would be stupid right? I thought.

I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow…

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hello! How are you doing?? I am great and it's because of you guys! 187 reads?!? Wow😍 thank you so much for all the votes and comments 😘😘 it truly means a lot to see people read my book 😊

Also I do not own any images, simply using and editing from Google 😊 I promised myself I'll keep the A/N short so see you in the next chapter!

Please vote, comment and share☺️