CHAPTER 10

ANNA’S POV

I never thought that I’d meet my soon to be the mother in law like this. She is holding a baseball bat in her hand, I was pretty sure she was only joking but no, she is a woman of her word. I like her already.

The moment I entered his house I could see his house is beautiful and gives a cozy and homely vibe. You could see how much effort he put into this house. There were teddy bears all around his living room, there was even a candy bowl near his door which I think is a sweet gesture. Looking around you can see picture frames of Alaia and Zack all over his staircase and even the kitchen. Overall this is the best house you could live in.

“Welcome dear, I hope Zack didn’t cause any trouble? I did tell this boy to use my car but he insisted I use it to drive Alaia to park, he is such a nice soul isn’t he?” His mother whose name I got to know is Rose, looked at her son lovingly.

This reminds me of how my mother used to take care of me and I have to visit them soon. But not without making sure I am being followed because I don’t want to bring trouble to them.

“No ma’am it is my pleasure, Zack is special and you are right, he takes care of everyone and puts everyone’s needs in front of his own.” I look at Zack who’s now playing with Alaia. He is now kissing her cheeks and hugging her even though he is soaking wet and shivering, looks like he can’t come to his house and not greet his daughter first.

“Zach dear, you do realize you are wet and now I have to change Alaia’s clothes too?” Rose, who asked me to call her by her name, looked at Zach and she used a very calm tone when she was talking to Zach.

I realize that hell is going to break soon.

And what do you know I saw Zach giving us a guilty smile and ran up the stairs with his daughter laughing.

I wish I could see Zach this carefree forever, looks like Natalie has to be taken care of. And no before you guys think I am talking about killing her, no I will just personally go and talk to her.

“Come Anna let’s start making the soup, I’ll even show you my secret recipe.” And with that, I follow her into the kitchen.

After 30 minutes of pleasant talks and Rose sharing all the childhood stories of Zach especially his obsession with touching his butt as a child which is cute but it definitely won’t stop me from teasing him, I see Zach coming down the stairs with his daughter.

Wearing fresh clothes that look good on him, he finally arrives in the kitchen and kisses his mom on the cheek.

I see Alaia looking at me with her clear blue, and for a second I thought she was telepathically asking me about my intentions with her dad. So I was very surprised when she started extending her arms towards me like she was asking me to hold her.

And without any hesitation, I took her out of Zach’s arms and placed her near my heart and hugged her and started rocking her and she put her finger on my cheek and I instantly felt a connection with her, she is very precious.

If anyone told me a week before that I would be rocking a baby, I would have laughed at that because a cold, heartless person like me who kills people can’t dream to have a normal life. When I started my gang, I knew what I was getting into and protecting my loved ones was the only goal in my mind.

But after holding this baby in my arms, a proud look on Rose’s face and admiration on Zach’s I realize that maybe my purpose in my life has broadened and now I would do anything in my power to protect this family and God forbid if anyone touches a strand of their hair, I swear on everything Holy I’ll kill them without any hesitation and remorse.