CHAPTER 3

(Outfit he is wearing at the reunion)

Present Time

Zachary's POV

It's amazing how the human brain works aren't it? It's so complex and so so complicated, or wait, is it the heart that's complicated? I know the correct term for those complications in the heart is called feelings and right now what I am experiencing is what anyone would call love at first sight.

And for me, that day was when I laid my eyes on my angel. She is my bundle of joy and the sole reason why I am calm. She gets me through all the troubles with just one smile from her, and when she makes her most famous pouty face I can't stop holding her and just hugging her close to my chest and I would do everything in my power to never let any hurt come to her. She is Alaia Knightley, my two month old daughter.

But seeing Anna again after all these years stirred something inside of me. Yes, I realize how cliche that sounds, but can you blame me? After all, she was always my Indian American.

I can finally confess after all these years that yeah I did have a crush on her, but then again what mortal human wouldn't? She is just brilliant.

When she entered the room, all eyes were on her, wearing a black dress that showed her curves made me realize that I have a possessive streak within me and I am not ashamed to admit that.

And I am also not afraid to let everyone know that she is mine forever, but I lost that chance a long time ago when I was the reason

Okay a little about me because I like talking to myself, it's not like anyone else talks like this (A/N a name coming in your mind😉). And anyway it's not like I am standing here beside my wife listening to her talk about new gossips or anything.

Yes I married Natalie and like the kids these days like to say I married my childhood sweetheart, I agree I sound like a grandpa right now, but my life is far not very different from a soap opera.

My wife and I are separated but we make public appearances for her sake, and for our little daughter we have to act normal. And our separation was a mutual decision.

I work as a Sales manager at StarsX Ltd and I like it, I get a decent salary with all the necessary advantages and also I have made some good friends there.

I also know that our CEO is very badass and cold but towards her employees, she is fair and just. I have never met her personally but I know some of my colleagues and they all say the same thing, she is very intimidating but very helpful.

I admire her confidence and passion because I know she started from nothing and now she has a billion- dollar company and she is just 25. Oh did I tell you her name? She is Anna Gupta, yes the same one I have had a crush for many years.

I remember in high school she used to carry this black backpack with golden stripes and she used to tell everyone that this is how she imagined her office would look one day. Now her entire office building is made of glass and I have heard her office is decorated with black and gold items.

"Hey, how you doing?" (Shout out to all the F.R.I.E.N.D.S fans!)

I turn around and find Marc, he used to be my partner in crime. We didn't keep in touch but he was a good guy.

"Long time no see, I am doing okay how are you? You still with Jana?" I asked.

"Yeah, we both are married and have two kids. It's a good life." Marc replies.

"It's good to hear that, we should catch up Marc," I said

"Definitely bro, I gotta go meet more people, catch up with you later."

"Sounds cool, bye," I said.

Right now I am walking to the drink station where I see Anna talking to someone and when I look closely it's Nate, no surprise there. Seeing Anna this close is like a dream come true, I always admired her from afar but now she is no short from a Queen.

I waited patiently for her to finish her conversation with Nate and without looking where I was standing I bump into her, and I so wish she fell into my arms so that I could have been her knight in shining armor but instead she reached out to get something but then stopped.

I couldn't help but notice how a strand of her hair is loosely falling on her forehead and I just want to remove it. Her rosy red cheeks beg me to kiss them and her midnight black eyes aren't helping either.

"Woah are you alright? I asked her.

"Yes, I am as fine as Ryan Reynolds, now if you will excuse me I have a call to make. Thank you very much and don't bump into anyone else, bye." She replied and before I could say a word she went away.

She just doesn't remember me and that's what hurts the most, I don't blame her though. What I did to her in high school I deserve this and much more.

I decided to follow her and just talk to her one more time and I swear if I hear my name from her mouth, it would just make my day because I am that desperate to hear from her. I missed my chance in high school and I won't repeat the same mistake.

I see her going in the hallway and I jog so that I could catch up with her.

"I don't care what you do, I need my money back! Do whatever you want to him, make sure he pays me back and that's an order!"

"Whoa what is she talking about." I murmur?

"You know it's not a good idea to spy on people Zach."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

HEY GUYS!! HOW ARE YOU?! I know I sound too excited but I have a reason for it, 121 views already?! Wow, thank you so much to all my readers ❤️❤️ It makes me really happy to see people are actually reading my book!

Please do tell me how you are finding the story😊 Anyway that's all for now, please do vote, comment and share my story❤️❤️ See you soon! 😘