CHAPTER 2

SEVEN YEARS EARLIER...

ANNA'S POV

You know the feeling when you are walking through your lockers and you feel like everyone has a purpose in life but you? Like the jock who is determined to win today's match or the valedictorian who is sure that she will score 100/100 in a test. And then there is me who has yet to find a purpose in life and no it's not a bad thing cause I am just trying to get through the day and I know the purpose will find me (little did I know it will find me a lot sooner than I thought).

Anyway back to me, and before you start thinking I am a self-righteous bitch because I talk to a lot of myself, in reality, I have no one to call a friend with whom I can share my feelings, yes it's surprising that in my senior year as I am passing by my lockers I have no friends with who I can gossip. But I am okay, really I am.

Let me introduce you to the two people who have had the most impact in my life and who changed me into this badass girl I am today if I say so myself, hehe. Introducing the Quarterback of my school, Zachary Sin Knightley (yes it's ironic that he has the word sin in his name), a 6ft 3inch muscular guy, pale complexion with amazing silver hair and beautiful blue eyes that can make the oceans cry (hehe see I can joke too).

And then there is his girlfriend, Natalie and she isn't a cheerleader but she is the mayor's daughter and she is not a bitch either, just very possessive about her boyfriend which honestly I can't blame her for. She is 5ft, with beautiful red hair and sun-kissed complexion and has amazing features with curves (I like to compliment people you see).

Both of them are popular and why wouldn't they be? They are perfect for each other and have great communication skills unlike me who just like to talk to myself. I have no boys chasing me and I wish I could sing the song FRIENDS by Anne Marie and Marshmello to all the boys who ask me on a date, it's just a thought I wouldn't do that like why would I?

Anyway, I am an average girl with black hair which touches my back, I don't have very long hair thanks to my mother who believes I am lazy and can't take care of my hair which is true, I also have normal black eyes with no adjectives to describe and have a normal complexion again nothing to describe. I am also 5'3 which I am proud of (just kidding).

So like any normal person, I am still walking to my class and I have passed the lockers when I notice a voice behind me

"Hey Jenny, wait up" A guy wearing the school's basketball uniform calls out

I look around and see no one so guess he is talking to me

"If you are talking to me please get my name right at least." I replied.

"Yeah, yeah whatever I need tutoring in calculus," He said

"Okay, and you came to me because?"

"Because you are the smartest person we know"

Now, this was not that basketball guy, standing behind him is Zachary or Zach he likes to be addressed as.

"Wow must be something in the air today, two people talking to me," I thought to myself.

Up close I get why people like Zachary, he has a tall build and his muscles are bulging out of his shirt which makes me wonder if he purposely wore this tight shirt. God forbid someone asks me to wear something tight.

"Umm HELLO, you still there?" Zachary called out waving his hands in front of me.

"Wow your hands are big," I said

"Huh?" he questioned.

"Oh, nothing what do you want?" I asked

"I want you to help my friend Jake here, he has a big game next Saturday, and for him to play he needs to pass the calculus exam."

I am pretty sure I saw his eyes soften while he was talking to me, those beautiful blue eyes ( just saying) but again I am pretty sure it was my imagination because hello? Why would he even like me? Also yes I love talking about myself in third person POV.

"Umm, why me? Why not ask your girlfriend I mean she is pretty and smart and I am normal and I mean not that I am complaining but don't you want an expert helping-"

As you could have guessed I kept rambling until I stopped and steady your thoughts no it wasn't like your usual pair of lips but by your usual chuckling of the quarterback.

You know when the most handsome boy in your school chuckles like that you stare and wonder what a beautiful specimen he is and wishes how he was yours? Yeah that didn't happen with me (no surprise there) instead I waited for him to finish his chuckling so we could all move on not like I was jealous of how his chuckling was so flawless, literally when I chuckle I am pretty sure the whole world witnesses the death of a seal aka me.

"You shouldn't underestimate yourself Anna, you are smart and I have seen how your eyes sparkle when you get a 98 in your tests," Zachary replied.

"Wow I didn't know people notice me this carefully, wait a second are you planning to kidnap me or something? Well, I should warn you I am pretty normal and-" I rambled yet again.

"Wait what? No of course not"

"Meh I was just kidding, I wasn't expecting you to kidnap me, and yes I'll help your friend," I said. (Shout out to all the mentalist fans)

"Oh, thank goodness you truly are an angel." Zachary said.

"Who's an angel babe?"

Standing beside him was none other than his girlfriend Natalie, no surprise there. I am pretty sure my mom's prayer did come true. She prayed that I would make friends well so today's dinner would be interesting.

"I was just talking about Anna, babe. She has decided to help Jake out."

"Oh that's so sweet of her, thank you so much, Anna, you really are a darling," Natalie said.

As you must have noticed she wasn't your typical kind of jealous girlfriend instead she was understanding and nice. But this world has a twisted way of proving unfortunate souls like me wrong and it wasn't a surprise of how wrong I was and just like the saying behind every successful man there is a woman and I can easily say that I agree to that because the same happened with me ...

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hello again!!!😍 Okay, I have no words, 60 views?! Wow, thank you so much!! It makes me really happy to see people reading my books and I know it might sound cliche but it brings a smile to my face when I see the number of views.. So thank you so much for all the votes and comments ❤️❤️❤️ I would love to hear what you guys think of the story so far so please feel free to drop a message 😊😊

I don't wanna make the author's note too long or boring so that's all! Please vote, comment, and share my book if you are liking it so far! ☺️

Also big thanks to devika_raaj for the beautiful cover page and her amazing art work!!! ❤️❤️