Chapter 22 - Planning an Ambush

Chapter 22 – Planning an Ambush

Thursday, November 14, 2080
12:11 AM USA CT
Rebecca's residence
Houston, TX

Arriving at Rebecca's house, who lived on the outskirts of Houston, near Clear Lake, the gang got inside, carefully avoiding detection from drones above. It wasn't an easy escape, but it was worth to stay out of trouble. As they made their way in the house, Z.E.R.O and C.O.R.A made sure they weren't spotted. They took some refreshments offered to them by Rebecca.

"Rebecca, your role ends here." Alex declared. "You can't accompany us for this, as I don't want to endanger you and Elise."

"We'll be fine." Rebecca replied. "Y'all need to do this alone, we get it but be safe."

Ross took note of Elise, who was shedding tears. Apparently, she still didn't want to accept the fact, nor could she comprehend Ross was willing to sacrifice his life to save them. She began to breathe heavily.

"Shhhh..." said Rebecca. "Honey, you okay?"

"You've really done it, this time!" said Alex, staring at Ross. "That girl loves you, and you want her to know you'll die soon?"

"Sacrifices sometimes need to be made, and this solar system is home to thirteen billion people. She can find anyone!" said Ross. "However, I need to stop this by hacking the core network, which will result in cataclysmic results, but worth it and it's the only way out of it."

Ross then got up to go, apparently to plan the raid on Norwex Web with his colleagues. Alex still felt there was another way. It was then his earpiece began to flash bright. Curious to find out what was going on, he placed it on his ear.

"Psst... Alex, it's Z.E.R.O and C.O.R.A!" said the voice on the other end. "Say nothing, please!"

"What's up?" whispered Alex.

"Please don't worry, nothing will actually happen to him." C.O.R.A assured.

"We won't allow that!" added Z.E.R.O. "But you need to keep it between us, please!"

Alex then sighed in relief, not before saying, "Roger, that! Thanks guys!"

Meanwhile, in the formal dining room, Ross, along with his friends and Alex began plotting the ambush. Everyone chipped in and contributed to the operation plan. Knowing full well, there is going to be risky moves involved, but it was for the best of interest in saving citizens of the Earth and other planets in the solar system.