Chapter 21 - Off to Earth

Chapter 21 – Off to Earth

Wednesday, November 13, 2080
11:43 PM USA CT
Galnac Station Space Port
Korolev Crater, Mars

Everyone arrived at the space port, knowing the fate of the universe was in their hands. Keeping their tools and gear ready, they enter the shuttle to return to Earth. Only Jocelyn opted to stay behind with Katy, but was promised by Alex, he'd maintain contact with her. The team consisted of Alex, Ross, Jay, Terry, Rebecca, and Elise. They were going to reach Norwex Web and stop Polanski, or whoever was responsible.

On the spaceflight back to Houston, Ross did have to speak to Elise. He decided to pull her out to the corner. He signaled her to meet him nearby.

"You've got to be kidding me!" said Elise, beginning to cringe and tremble. "There has to be another way."

"It's the only way, unfortunately!" explained Ross. "We need to save the world, it'll cost human sacrifice!"

"Why you?" Elise asked while shedding tears.

"Don't ask why me, ask why not me." Ross told her.

"You're selfish! I can't support this!"

"It's the only way!"

Alex overheard this and intervened.

"Okay, so for one I may have to say, I have a crazy person working under me." Alex declared. "You're not taking your life for anyone! I don't care if it's the whole world."

"Alex, there is no other way!" replied Ross. "This is the only way out, someone needs to die to save the world, and I have no other family. My parents are long gone from this universe."

"But you have us, now!" spoke Rebecca. "And my daughter loves you."

"Please!" begged Elise in tears, then she walked up to Ross and kissed him, he kissed her back and then gently backed away.

"They're might be another way after all." Ross declared. "It's too late for that now."

The shuttle arrived on Earth, landing in the NASA spaceport in Houston. Upon landing, everyone got out, no sooner did they do so, they went riding towards Norwex Web in a monorail bullet train leading to Downtown Houston. Elise looked in the sky in horror as dozens of drones spiraled above the city, making ominous patterns. This had to mean either something good or bad was bound to happen.