Berlin

TONI POV:

"Where's dad?" I ask mom. "Ah! Work." She says. "Yeah I stopped by he wasn't there." I say slightly pissed that she's lying to me. She looks down. "Your father relapsed. Before you ask no it isn't because you left and no Sarah doesn't know so please for the love of god, do not tell her. She thinks he's on a business trip." I look down. "So he's in rehab?" I ask quietly. "No, right now he's in a psych ward than he's going to rehab." I look at her confused. "Why did he like piss on a car or something?" I ask confused. "Honey, he's bipolar and went off his meds. He was doing really good but because it's bipolar he got depressed and relapsed." She tells me. My heart drops. "Why didn't you tell me?" I ask pissed. "Because we agreed to tell you guys because as much as you don't like him, I know you love him. We didn't want you to hate him more." She explains. "So it wasn't just me?" I ask quietly. "What?" She looks at me confused. "My depression! It's wasn't just me!" She shakes her head. "When I got diagnosed you didn't think it was a good time to say anything?" I ask pissed. "I'm sorry." She whispers. "I hope to fucking god you fucking tell Sarah if something happens because if not it's coming from me." I tell her. "She's not your daughter! You can't just tell her stuff like this!" She says annoyed. "Yeah, she is and we both know it. I'm sorry but I'm tired of pretending like she's your kid." I whisper. "I won't tell her if you don't tell her that your father is bipolar!" Mom bargains. I look down. "I guess I'll have to tell her that to." I whisper before walking out. "What about Cheryl?" She ask. I stop before storming out the front door. I take a deep breath. "I'll figure that out when we get to it." I walk out and go to my truck.

"Wait she's your daughter!" Veronica yells. "Will you shut up?!" I ask pissed. "I thought she was your sister?" I shrug. "Legally!" I say quietly. "But you said at that party your parents got drunk!" She whispers. "Well they did get drunk that night, but I was also a party and I don't know how but I ended up sleeping with some girl, and we were is fucking middle school so I didn't know what a god damn condom was!" I say. "How did you not get your ass arrested?" She ask concerned. "She said she came onto me. Because she did. She went to juvie, had the kid because her parents are against abortions and she wasn't old enough to make that decision herself! She told me to do what ever the fuck I wanted with her, she didn't want her, hoping I would abandon her. My parents adopted her and let me name her so I named her after my aunt and convinced everyone she was my sister. Because my parents were trying to have another kid and it was good timing." I explain. "Does Cheryl know?" She ask. I shake my head. "That's why I to your house V." I whisper. "Please don't tell her!" I beg. "I'm not ready and I go tomorrow and don't feel like losing her right now." I say sadly. She nods. "I won't say anything." She smiles. "But you have to tell Cheryl by the time you leave next time you come home." I nod. I reach my hand out and shake her hand. "Why were her parents against abortions?" She ask quietly. "I don't know. I honestly have no opinion on abortions. I'm not for them but I'm not against them, it's not my choice." I whisper. "What if Cheryl got pregnant and didn't want the kid?" She ask. "I would do everything to stop her but I can't make the final decision. If she wants to I can't change her mind. Unless she does." I explain. Betty walks into the room all gothed out. "It's August." She looks at me and flips me off. "What did I do?" I ask Veronica. "Nothing she's on her period." I nod. I look at her. "She also got into a fight with her mom." I nod. "Yeah I get that." I whisper. "Want a beer?" I shake my head. "No. I need to stay sober. Did I mention my dad is bipolar and relapsed?" I ask quietly. "Yeah. Like 3 hours ago for the 10th time." I nod. Betty storms out. I look at Veronica. "I don't know." She shrugs. "Can you read?" She ask quietly. "No." I smile. "How the fuck did you get into the army?" She ask quietly. "I don't even know how I got my drivers license." I whisper. "There's a reason I dropped out!" I get a text from Cheryl. "Hey. I got to go!" I stand up. "I'll talk to you soon." I whisper. "Ok." Veronica smiles. I leave and go to Cheryl's. "Hey." I smile. She pulls me inside and takes me up to her room. I pick her up and put her on the bed. I take off my pants. "Wait do we need a condom?" I ask quietly. "No. I'm on the pill remember?" I nod and take off her underwear. I slide into her and thrust slowly. "Fuck!" I sit up thrust faster. "I'm gonna-." I cum into her. "Fuck!" I groan. I lie next to her. "I'm sorry I haven't had a lot of sex in the past 2 months." She smiles. "I know." She sits up on her elbows. "V told me about Sarah." I look at her. "W-what?" I ask quietly. "It's fine. I really don't care." She smiles. "She said she wouldn't say anything." I whisper. "It's ok. I get it. My parents did the same with my brother. Even though I didn't have him. My aunt did a week after I was born and proceeded to overdose of heroin." I whisper. "So we legally adopted him and told him his birthday was the same as mine until about a few years ago." I look at her confused. "It's a long story." She tells me. "Why did you not tell me?" She ask quietly. "I didn't really want to admit it. And she doesn't know, and it would ruin her life." I whisper. "Please don't say anything." I beg. "Of course." She kisses me. "But next time you have a kid in middle school tell me." I smile and kiss her. "I'll try to remember that." She smiles. "What happened with your parents?" She ask taking one of my cigarettes from my jacket. "Ah... I found out my father was bipolar, went off his meds, got depressed and called his dealer, the rest is history." I explain. "Lighter?" I hand her one and she lights the cigarette. "And Sarah doesn't know?" I shake my head. "According to her 'daddy is on a business trip!' And also her grandfather is her dad!" I say slightly pissed. "That's why you are to protective of her." I nod. "I feel guilty." I whisper. "If it wasn't for my stupidity the girl I hooked up with wouldn't be in jail. I love Sarah more than anything else in the world, but I just wish she wasn't here because of me." I say quietly. "What if she comes back asking for her daughter?" She ask concerned. "She won't. She signed off any perennial rights once she turned 16 and gave them to my parents." I whisper. "Are you actually going to Ohio?" She ask quietly. "No I just told Sarah and my mom that to get them to stop panicking." I tell her. "Where are you going?" She ask nervously. I look down. "Iraq." I whisper. "I know I have you keeping a lot of secrets but you can't tell my parents and Sarah." She nods.