chapter five: princesses

___

___

This plan, as every other, wasn't perfect and it was made in last second, but it wasn't like she had lot choices. From what she knew and things Zuko told her, Azula would be easy to manipulate. Fire nation princess only need to have fake feeling that she is manipulating princess Lyra.

Lyra quickly pulled out one fruit from plant and putted it on ground. She used airbending to separate air from little fire air had in itself on this height and tried her best to find anything what would use like cup for tea. After less then 5 minutes, her tea was ready.

As she drink it, her eyes started to hurt. When she turned around and looked at small river behind her she gasped. Her pale blue eyes, at the moments almost grey-white, become red. It seem like she was one of fire nation citizens. She quickly pulled sword out of air, grabbing her hair and cutting bangs. It was important not to be recognized and she did everything she could.

Lyra walked down the hill. She was aware that Azula would try to capture Zuko, so when Iroh defeat her it would be her time to join Azula on the same way she joined Zuko, just this time with no feelings involved.

Lyra was standing next to ship in position where none could see her. Zuko and Iroh were heading towards ship and she couldn't help but admire young firebenders beauty. For her, he was perfect, but for fire nation banished prince was just faliure.

Zuko on the other hand didn't have his mind clear. He always felt like there was battle inside him, but now he was supposed to chose between his family and girl he definetly loved. He knew how mess up royals can be, but it didn't stop him from wanting to be one of them in Palace.

He walked with his uncle between soldiers, ready to go home and after war find Alison. Zuko was in his own world, but words of Azula's captain quickly snapped him out of it.

'--we are taking prisoners home!' Fight started sooner then anyone expected. Lyra was aware that something would go in wrong way for princess, so she just waited. Iroh was pushing soldiers in the sea which was perfect opportunity for Lyra.

She waited for one of them to fall near her, and as soon as that happened she pulled man's clothes out of him with bending, leaving him in underclothes and pulling him in water, bending him away.

She dressed up in new robes, clearly the warriors one, and headed towards ship. Zuko and Iroh were gone, but few soldiers stood on ship. Azula got there again, eyeing the soldiers and the girl, knowing that she didn't saw her before.

'Who are you!' she snapped at Lyra and bended fire at her, which Lyra easily redirected in Azula's direction only with air. 'Klara, princess Azula.'

'How did you get here? I'm sure that you weren't on ship in first place, Klara.' Azula's voice was sharp and dangerous, but Lyra's confidence was on high level.

'I was here, princess Azula. Other soldiers can tell you, I don't like to have attention on myself.' she lied skillfully and Azula seem to buy her story.

'Soldier, are you familiar with girl over here?' she asked one of solider and on Lyra's surprise, he nodded. 'She is skilled, probably one of best I ever seen, princess.'

When man spoke, Azula just showed Lyra to go. Lyra followed the man and catched up with him in part of ship where none else was standing.

'Why did you lie to her? Thank you, but why?' she recognized man, he was on Zuko's ship at same time as her. He smiled at Lyra kindly, putting hand on her shoulder. 'Your voice.'

She looked equally confused as before so man spoke again. 'Your voice, I recognize it. Once, I accidentally overheard you talking with him. It's honour being one of first to know your true identity, Zuko's best soldier.' he explained quietly and traditionaly bowed down to the girl who did the same.

'Do you have plan or traveling from ship to ship is your thing?' he asked jokingly and Lyra quietly laughed. 'I don't know yet, destiny is unpredictable.'

'I assume that you aren't from Capital. If you have any plan, we soldiers can be good connected. We would recommend you, I know that you only want the best.' he replied carefully, his eyes and words honest as before.

'Thank you, I have few ideas about war that I would love to share.' They talked for next 10 minutes before soldiers started coming in their direction.

'Ship is fixed. We are going to Capital, Fire Lord is going to be angry.' one of them said with fear in the voice, 'Good luck, soldiers.'

'Good luck...' Lyra answered dreamy, starting to plain her next move.

___

'I can't believe I left her for nothing!' Zuko said angry as he and Iroh ran away from Azula's ship. 'She was first person to listen and understand, and I left her for empty words! For Azula!'

'I believe that we would see Alison again, my nephew. She is a special girl.' Iroh replied calmly, trying to calm down his nephew who made obvious bad choice.

'You don't understand, uncle! She actually told me truth, I just didn't want to hear it! And she,, she wanted to tell me something important, but it blew up in my face like everything always does!' Zuko snapped at Iroh but he knew that it isn't his uncle's fault.

'Prince Zuko, I'm sure that you will see her again sooner then you think.' Iroh said calmly but he was curious about the girl. Their last Pai Sho game told him that she is from different backgrounds, maybe even from different time.

Zuko pulled out a knife that Iroh gave to him years ago when he was general in Ba Sing Se. Zuko cutted his ponytail, giving Iroh knife to do the same. They throw them at the river, watching them sail away.

'I will find her. Not fire nation, not Avatar. I have to find Alison.'

___

I hope you like it, I'm writing one more story and trying to concentrate on both of them.

*Art at top of chapter is mine, I tried to draw it in ATLA style. Eyes are similar to Suki's while eyebrows are something between Azula's and Jet's.