Chapter thirteen: breakdown

___

___

Next day, Lyra knew that things would be different. She did right thing, but Zuko wasn't most understanding person. Early in the morning she went to shipboard, only to see Iroh and lieutenant Jee sitting together.

'Are you hungry? You usually aren't awake this early.' Iroh asked calmly and Lyra sat next to him. She wasn't going to eat with them, but Iroh was wise man, and she need someone wise in life right now.

Lyra couldn't sleep whole night. At this time, past was her biggest enemy. She wanted her old life back, everything seemd confused on fire nation ship.

'I'll take something to my room later, thank you.' she said kindly after noticing fruits on table. It annoyed her that all of them eat all types of meat, but nothing what one vegaterian could eat.

'Is something on your mind, soldier?' Iroh asked once again, but didn't expect answer. Zuko's best soldier never opened up to anyone on ship, it's not like she had a choice.

'I was thinking about past.' she said calmly, almost completely zooned out. Iroh nodded at her, holding cup of tea in his hand. He always was good with people, and his advices were the one who can help anyone.

'Past is something behinde us, soldier. We can't change it, so it's better to focus on this moment. If you live in past, you won't have any future.' He said relaxed while drinking his tea slowly. Jee stared at older man, but Lyra already know everything he said.

She knew that living in past can't help her, but it was her life. Everything she have now, except Aang, is fake. She don't want this life, everything she wanted was destroyed hundred years ago, only because she wasn't able to protect it.

'Problem is, I already know it.' she replied sadly, taking food from table and leaving after saying goodbye to Iroh.

As she reached the door, she bumped in someone. When Lyra looked up, it was Zuko, and he looked equally tired as her. 'I'm sorry, prince Zuko.' she said monotony, and boy nodded at her.

Lyra headed towards her chamber, locking door as soon as she entered and pulled mask violently on the floor. She was angry at herself, angry at every bad move she made.

She didn't even reached bed, Lyra fell on her knees and started crying. She grabbed pillow from bed, pulling her face in it and screaming, hoping that none would hear her. With month on Zuko's ship, things become just harder and more complicated. She had no idea where her only friend is, young boy who she was supposed to protect.

She stand up, and instead hitting everything around her she started bending. Lyra opened window of her room, sending wind as strong as tornado trough it. Whole boat started shaking, it was impossible to control ship. She closed it as soon as she sent it, but anger in her was way too strong.

All things in her room started flying, Lyra wasn't able to control any of it. She hitted walls as strong as she could, trying to pull out frustration out of herself.

When she was about to send one more wave of wind, someone knocked on her door. She immideatly bended all things to the ground and putted mask on her face. Food was all over the room, same as papers and clothes, while other things just were on different place.

She opened door only to see Zuko with scared expression on his face. Lyra waited him to talk, wanting to play along with his idea.

'Thanks Spirit, you're okay.' he said putting hands on his head and entering in Lyra's room without any other word. 'Well your room clearly isn't. Did anything happen to you? Uncle thinks that we spotted Avatar, he sent tornado  on ship.' Zuko said in one breath and Lyra tried to process new informations.

'I'm fine.' she answered shortly and sharply, not showing any emotion. 'Tell me if you find out anything about Avatar.'

Zuko observed her room for few seconds, before realising that all food is on the floor. 'I can bring you some food, you know?' he asked her calmly and Lyra eyed him. He was kind to her, but he wanted to capture Aang. As much as she hated to judge people by their impressions for others, Aang was her priority, he is only person she really care about. 'I would bring it by myself, prince Zuko.'

She left room as soon as she spoke to him, not giving him a second to tell a word. Zuko was confused, his feelings were mixed and he had no idea what to do and no person to ask for advice. He didn't like it, but he cared for Alison. He wanted her to be safe and close to him, but she clearly didn't want same thing.

Lyra come back to her chamber, only to find Zuko still standing on door. 'Do you need something, prince Zuko?' she asked roughly, and prince this time didn't keep quiet. He pushed her in the room and locked door, forcing her to talk with him. It got on his nerves how she is one second charming and yet in other she would pull his head off his shoulders.

'I don't care about your status boy, I won't hestinante to hurt you if you try to do that again!' she threated to young prince, putting plate with food on table and forming fire all around the room. Power of airbending was incredible and she was proud of herself and her manipulations with air.

'Really, princess?' Zuko asked sarcastically but Lyra's face behinde mask melted. She loved being call princess, even if Zuko was sarcastic. 'You understimate me once, don't do it again.' she said dangerously, pointing her finger in his chest.

Zuko was terrified, but still keep going. He know that she could hurt him badly, she prove how powerful she is, but he is prince and he won't allow some not-royal girl to insult him.

'I don't want to fight, but you need to learn how to respect!' he practiclly jelled at girl in front him, but she didn't move a bit. Lyra laughted bitterly and spoke as confident as always. 'I know respect, prince Zuko. Now leave my room.'

Zuko didn't want to fight. He didn't know what he want at all, she was one of most confused persons he ever meet. At first, he didn't move, but then fire started going towards him. It almost reached ceiling, and it was strong and easy controlled. Zuko turned around and left, leaving Lyra alone in room.

She united fire with air and layed on bed as soon as it happened. She need to change screw. First chance she get, Lyra would leave banished prince and go to other boat, creating completly opposite identity.